Converted from Atkins

Options
amstuck0620
amstuck0620 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2016 in Getting Started
Hey there! I have been doing the low-carb Atkins diet for the past few months. A co-worker of mine introduced me to myfitnesspal and I am really excited about it! The Atkins is a very limited diet with very little options, with this I can introduce many other foods. I am really looking forward to see how this all works out! I curious if anyone else has converted and if they have had success.

Replies

• fortcox
    fortcox Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about Atkins yesterday. I did this years ago and lost 14lbs in 2 weeks. Good luck
  • amstuck0620
    amstuck0620 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! you too
  • teribyte5
    teribyte5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing Atkins up until last week. I lost 25lbs but I have hit a stall for the past month. I haven't cheated! I founded out that too ouch protein turns into sugar and will knock you out of ketosis, so I am doing Keto by lowering my protein and increasing fat.
  • greta7611
    greta7611 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was on Atkins and switched over. Anyone else finding success with the transition?
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I was doing Atkins and I found myself gaining weight. I started counting calories and it has been working well for me.
  • greta7611
    greta7611 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love hearing this!!
  • darlingwretch
    darlingwretch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done Atkins in the past and loved it - up until the moment I couldn't stomach the sight of another egg and all I wanted was a slice of warm toast and jam. Calorie counting is the only long term, sustainable method IMO.
  • hjaye1275
    hjaye1275 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot on Atkins in the past and it's great if you can maintain a low carb lifestyle for years but I wasn't able to transition smoothly after I lost the weight so I still watch my carbs,but not eliminate any food group this time..