5K Training

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else here is training for a 5K. I'm training for one right now. My race day is July 23rd, 2011. I'm getting super excited for it, just looking for encouragement and was wondering how your training is going?

Replies

• maghedo
    maghedo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for a 10K but i will tell you that you can do this run man. I ran a 5k 3 weeks ago and it was great and I felt great. So dont hesitate on your push. My first 5k I was 295 lbs last september and I am now 204 and working on 10k so baby steps.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    which race are you doing?? I am not actually training but am doing c25k and think I am close to a 5K.... I actually finished running 5K for the 1st time the other day--not to fast of course but for an old lady it was ok. I live sorta close to you.

good luck on your run!!!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I'm training for a 5K, no specific race in mind, but I'll figure that out. It's going well! I'm starting to get over the mental roadblocks slowly. It always makes me want to push harder when I can run longer on my first run set in the C25K program. How is your training going? How are you feeling about the race?
  • kcsmalley
    kcsmalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That awesome you are training for a 5k. I am training for one. It is 1 week from tomrrow on the 9th. I am super excited and totally ready for it. I never thought I could do it but I have gotten up to 7.5 miles so I am going to start training for a 10k in Sept. You will do great.!!!!!!
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 5K. My race day is July 30th. I'm doing the c25k training program. I'm currently in week 6. I have two goals on race day...

1.) to actually be able to run the whole way
    2.) to finish in under 37 min.

When I started training I could barley run for 90 seconds straight! I now can run 20 min. straight! It feels great. I'm still worried about race day (especially in the Texas heat), but I have a great support group that will be doing it with me so I'm confident I'll make it!

Best of luck to you! You can do it! :)
  • kevinsanmiguel
    Options
    which race are you doing?? I am not actually training but am doing c25k and think I am close to a 5K.... I actually finished running 5K for the 1st time the other day--not to fast of course but for an old lady it was ok. I live sorta close to you.

good luck on your run!!!

I'm running the Greg Black Race in Hereford, if that goes well I will also be running the Hot-Blooded race the following Saturday in Amarillo. There's tons of races posted on www.lonestarrunnersclub.net/ absolutely love it! About 10 years ago my father-in-law dropped about 100+ lbs by running, so he's a pretty big inspiration to me! If you are running one anytime soon you should definitely let me know!
  • cangi1
    cangi1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am doing Couch to 5k as well! I blog about it on my blog at http://sweetandsaltysurrender.blogspot.com.

I can't believe that I am actually running now! :)
  • maghedo
    maghedo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for the orthocarolina classic.

http://www.orthocarolinaclassic.com/full/info