NutriSystem

Options
Success, Failure, Waste of Money - what are your thoughts?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    More fun way to lose weight. Cook them instead of buying the ready meals.
    Here are recipes online.
    https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/recipes/

More answers in your other duplicate question.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10429948/nutrisystem#latest
  • fittermon
    fittermon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on Nutrisystem and log our food on MFP. We love the taste of the food and the fact that even the snacks have significant fiber and protein. With busy schedules, it helps us to not have to plan and love just run into product section at the market. No more hour-long grocery trips. We still eat on the go but don't have to tip! We will eventually transition off but its working.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    More fun way to lose weight. Cook them instead of buying the ready meals.
    Here are recipes online.
    https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/recipes/

More answers in your other duplicate question.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10429948/nutrisystem#latest

Thank you for those link! I'm a new vegetarian. I just found some yummy burgers on leaf

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    If one can afford the monthly cost and adhere to it, it's fine. I just don't like to see it as a means to lose weight because it teaches you nothing about prepping your own food and portions if the intent is to stop once you reach goal weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I did Nutrisystem a few years ago for about six months. Not only did it not teach me anything about proper portion sizes or eating the right amount of food to fuel your body depending on your weight, the food was terrible. You might not think it's all that bad at first, but I swear I have nightmares about Bean and Ham Soup.
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Used it years ago..did I lose weight sure..but as soon as I stopped the food ...it came back with a bang..the pounds.. Work out..cut out a few bad foods..log to see what you are eating. .add veggies..use lean meat ..cut out sugared drinks..in other words LOVE your body..have a cheat day..and consider it a lifestyle change not a diet. .bank that money and each ten pounds u lose reward yourself with that 200 plus dollars a month that u are saving by not buying that processed food!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium in them....for me, anyway...
  • displaced1
    displaced1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you're at. I use frozen prepared meals often. If I have 10 minutes for lunch or dinner, it's easier to have a calorie portioned meal with no prep or clean up. I don't want to eat them forever, but if I'm overwhelmed about making a "big meal", or don't have time to cook, it's a better option than fast food. So changing a 900 calorie fast food meal for a 350 calories frozen dinner is a good choice for me.

I do spend extra time daily making low calorie desserts for myself though. Those are my priorities. :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I know people who have lost weight successfully with Nutrisystem....
    My thought is it would be a lot cheaper to just eat frozen foods from the grocery store if that's what you want.

Also, I like bigger quantity and when you cook homemade and use good ingredients you can eat more than those little tiny servings they give you- plus I don't want to eat pre-prepared meals for the rest of my life. I think learning how to control your calories by preparing your own food is a necessity (or learning what kind of foods are good/better choices when dining out)
  • amayla0407
    amayla0407 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ive been using Nutrisystem for 3 weeks now. The food isn't horrible and I have a busy schedule, so it works for me. And, I am losing weight.
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was on Nutrisystem for over 6 months, while on it I lost over 65 Lbs. I mainly used it for it's convenience as I work 2 jobs which require 20 hour days 3+ days a week. I think if you can afford it / and don't want to meal prep it will work. I do suggest that (again if you can afford it) get the frozen meals as they are better tasting. Just remember, eventually you will have to start cooking for yourself one day, and the main key to every diet is exercise and calories in v. calories out.