Water loading 1 week before holiday?

Options
So I’m 1 week away from going on my holiday. Currently sitting at 69.5kg around 10% body fat at 5ft”7 & have lowered my carbs to around 100g this week, (probably going to reduce this even more).

My mate (A personal trainer) text me asking me if I’m water loading yet, so I am curious to know exactly how this works.

My understanding of the process is, to drink as much water as I can for about 5 days, with low carbs and then for the last few days, slowly reduce the amount of water and add carbs to my diet?

Obviously I’m going to be training as much as possible between now and then.

Any help advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,755 Member
    Options
    Why? What are you trying to achieve? I.e. purpose of all this?
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Why? What are you trying to achieve? I.e. purpose of all this?

Look more cut!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How long do you expect the effect to last?
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    How long do you expect the effect to last?

Maybe the first few days with a clean diet... I'm guessing!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Have never heard of this. Kind of an interesting idea but it mostly makes me happy that I am not in good enough physical shape to even entertain trying something like this. Enjoy your vacation, OP!
  • VeryMinci
    VeryMinci Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends have done this .... starting with high consumption of water and drop it crazy low to where they were drinking out of bottle cap when thirsty ... but this was only to prepare for a bodybuilding competition to appear more cut and defined ... you can't do this long term and I can't imagine it would be easy while training and with this heat wave.
    Be safe ... and have fun on your holiday :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Having experienced hyponatremia, I am gonna pass!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Water loading sucks donkey balls. I'd pass if your only objective is to look a little better the first day or so of a holiday.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    So I’m 1 week away from going on my holiday. Currently sitting at 69.5kg around 10% body fat at 5ft”7 & have lowered my carbs to around 100g this week, (probably going to reduce this even more).

My mate (A personal trainer) text me asking me if I’m water loading yet, so I am curious to know exactly how this works.

My understanding of the process is, to drink as much water as I can for about 5 days, with low carbs and then for the last few days, slowly reduce the amount of water and add carbs to my diet?

This is a popular contest prep method that bodybuilders use. Unfortunately the results only last for 24 hours. I would just focus on reducing bodyfat a little bit further.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

This is a popular contest prep method that bodybuilders use. Unfortunately the results only last for 24 hours. I would just focus on reducing bodyfat a little bit further.

^^this.