Need a little boost (205 to 165 w/ pics)

So, I've still got about 20 lbs until I'm at my final goal weight, but I decided to post some progress photos just to remind myself how far I've come. I've been a bit low on morale lately so I thought it might help.

I have no photos of me at 205, but this me at 180 lbs in 2013 (I went back up to 190 last december):
ktnetbsr2g5v.jpg

And at 165 last month:
gl6zd0yedvfb.jpg

Losing weight has truly helped me gain enormous amounts of confidence. I genuinely enjoy shopping and going out now, things I used to dread. To be honest though, my weight loss journey only kicked off once I started loving myself regardless of how I looked. Once I stopped obsessing, the pounds fell off a lot easier.

It's a hard journey, guys. But it's an attainable goal for all of us :smiley:

Replies

• jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Keep at it, you are a beautiful person!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 197 Member
    Wow! You look amazing. Well done.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    You look fantastic. Very pretty and great progress!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    You have a beautiful spirit!
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    You're beautiful!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Gorgeous!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    First! NICE FISH! Where did you catch those and with what? And at night? Details please!

Second-you are amazing! 50 pounds! Do you realize that is 1/4 of your original body weight??? That's epic!

Third-you have gorgeous skin and I am green with envy!

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate it!! <3<3:blush:
  • pavingnewpaths
    joans1976 wrote: »
    First! NICE FISH! Where did you catch those and with what? And at night? Details please!

Second-you are amazing! 50 pounds! Do you realize that is 1/4 of your original body weight??? That's epic!

Hahah thanks! I did catch them but that was actually my first and last time fishing :no_mouth:! We used worms as bait I believe, but as far as equipment, I have no clue. I was actually one inch away from winning the 100$ pool :-(

Also, thank you!! It is really exciting.

Aww, don't be! It was actually a benefit of eating healthier and a looot of management because I used to have a lot of acne and acne marks :+1:
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Great job!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Ok, honestly? You look really fit in that first photo! And nice catch! The second one, at 165, you're gorgeous! You're SO CLOSE to your goal! Great job!! :smiley:
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member

Hahah thanks! I did catch them but that was actually my first and last time fishing :no_mouth:! We used worms as bait I believe, but as far as equipment, I have no clue. I was actually one inch away from winning the 100$ pool :-(

Aww, don't be! It was actually a benefit of eating healthier and a looot of management because I used to have a lot of acne and acne marks :+1:

I hear ya on the acne and scars but I am pretty set in my routine with my skin-which hasn't really a routine (allergic to EVERYTHING) but I have noticed a (small) improvement on my skin on my body since eating better. Face=damage has been done.

I fish often but in lakes (live in Michigan-do not live by a Great Lake but have fished in them a few times) and I have never snagged a fish that big. My suggestion is you keep that pic forever! Your skin looks nice in that one too and those are big fish to brag about!
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    That is amazing and you look beautiful!
  • pavingnewpaths
    143tobe wrote: »
    Ok, honestly? You look really fit in that first photo! And nice catch! The second one, at 165, you're gorgeous! You're SO CLOSE to your goal! Great job!! :smiley:

Hehe, I was definitely not fit. I actually just found a photo that is probably a bit more revealing. Those baggy clothes hid a lot :p

d130laovjbx1.jpg

Thank you!! That's super sweet of you :blush:
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Great work! You look fantastic!
  • pavingnewpaths
    edited July 2016

I hear ya on the acne and scars but I am pretty set in my routine with my skin-which hasn't really a routine (allergic to EVERYTHING) but I have noticed a (small) improvement on my skin on my body since eating better. Face=damage has been done.

I fish often but in lakes (live in Michigan-do not live by a Great Lake but have fished in them a few times) and I have never snagged a fish that big. My suggestion is you keep that pic forever! Your skin looks nice in that one too and those are big fish to brag about!

That's how I feel about my back and arms. But y'know, even seeing little improvements on that makes me feel better. After a while though, you're right, you sort of come to terms with it because in the grand scheme of things, bad skin really isn't that terrible.

I wish I had the opportunity to fish often, it was loads of fun when we went. I live in NYC though, so not much opportunity. Haha, I will definitely keep the photo! I don't even care about how I look, you're right, I just like showing off those fish ;)
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 461 Member
    you are doing great!
  • Katiex100
    Katiex100 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow, Looking great! You are absolutely gorgeous, stunning smile!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Wow-what great progress!! You look great!!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss and hard work....it really does show.

Sorry you are feeling a bit low, hope it passes soon.
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Your hard weight loss work is paying off. Congrats!
    Looking forward to seeing more success posts when you are ready to post again.
  • pavingnewpaths
    You guys have definitely helped me feel better :-)

Thanks everyone! I hope to be posting my final success story soon.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! You look beautiful! Well done :smile:
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Beautiful- before and after! Thanks for posting pictures. It really helps me see normal people who are able to take control.
  • pavingnewpaths
    Thank you guys!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!