Anybody follow the Blogilates calendars on youtube?

Options
Just wondering if any of you followed Cassey Ho's workout calendar for POP pilates and if you got any good results from it? I might give it a try cause I enjoy pilates!

Also are you suppose to do the calendar alone or are you suppose to add cardio into your daily workouts too? Because I notice most of the workout are just strength training and I dont know if you can lose weight/fat by strength training alone??

Thanks

Here a calendar if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2016/06/30/23039/

Replies

• Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm following the POP Pilates calendar and have got fantastic results from it. I've been doing them for over a year now and it has helped me lean out and tone my arms and legs. My core is much stronger as well. However, during this time of year I also do cycling as I love to take my workouts outside. I can't stand doing cardio indoors when the weather is perfect for being outdoors. I still follow Cassey in the evenings. But yes, you can lose weight/fat by doing strength training alone. She does have vids that incorporate cardio so you aren't really missing out.
    Each day focuses on different parts of the body so I know that by the end of the week I've worked my whole body. Last summer I lost over 22 pounds in 6 weeks doing Cassey's workout calendars and doing my cycling every other day. I still do Cassey's calendar and since its perfect summer weather I still cycle every other day. Its the perfect combination for me.
    Good luck! You will enjoy her
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love blogilates! She has quite a few videos that focus on HIIT training, and that will definitely get your heart rate up. You can always do the daily workouts, and then add one of her HIIT or cardio videos if you feel like you need to. I've been following the calender for a couple months, and I've noticed a big difference in my body. I pretty much worship Cassey Ho, lol :)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    xMiracat wrote: »
    Also are you suppose to do the calendar alone or are you suppose to add cardio into your daily workouts too? Because I notice most of the workout are just strength training and I dont know if you can lose weight/fat by strength training alone??

Fat loss only requires a calorie deficit, meaning you consume less than your body burns. Exercise can contribute to that deficit, but it isn't required for fat loss. Strength training is good to add though because it prevents muscle loss. The better strength programs use progressively increasing resistance (dumbbells, etc) using mostly compound exercises (multiple joints move). :+1:
  • xMiracat
    xMiracat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jillian130 wrote: »
    I'm following the POP Pilates calendar and have got fantastic results from it. I've been doing them for over a year now and it has helped me lean out and tone my arms and legs. My core is much stronger as well. However, during this time of year I also do cycling as I love to take my workouts outside. I can't stand doing cardio indoors when the weather is perfect for being outdoors. I still follow Cassey in the evenings. But yes, you can lose weight/fat by doing strength training alone. She does have vids that incorporate cardio so you aren't really missing out.
    Each day focuses on different parts of the body so I know that by the end of the week I've worked my whole body. Last summer I lost over 22 pounds in 6 weeks doing Cassey's workout calendars and doing my cycling every other day. I still do Cassey's calendar and since its perfect summer weather I still cycle every other day. Its the perfect combination for me.
    Good luck! You will enjoy her

nice and congratz on your 22lbs! so far I do love her videos and I really hope I can lose weight doing her calendars alone cause after doing her workouts I dont think I can do more cardio after LOL