Pre & Post Workout Routine

Options
What's your pre and post workout routine like? Just curious as to what everyone else is doing! Here's mine:
Pre-workout: I usually stretch and sometimes do a little yoga while listening to relaxing music.
Post-workout: As soon as I'm done working out I make sure to hydrate and eat plenty of protein while also relaxing with my feet up and watching a show on Netflix

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Pre: Light weight movement for whatever exercise I'm doing that day.
    Post: Whatever I gotta do once I'm done. Could be shopping, could be doing yard duty at my DD's school, could be lunch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Luckychic_93
    Luckychic_93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Being that I'm currently unemployed (unfortunately..) I guess I have more time on my hands than I realized! D:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Preworkout-Dynamic stretches that help prepare me for the lifts I'll be doing for the day. Then I start warming up with light weights, usually a set of 10, 5, 3, then some singles until I hit my working set. I usually have a snack like a protein bar or a rice krispie treat before hand and I take a pre-workout supplement.
    Post-Workout-Some kind of self myofascial release stuff with a foam roller, tennis ball, kettlebell (I have a sleeve with the little nodules that slips over it). Pretty much no static stretching. Then I go home and eat dinner.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My trainer has set me on a schedule of cardio for 30 min prior strength exercising, 4 sets of 12- 3 days a week.
    Cardio with 3 days a week circuit workout 30 min.
    Prior to working out he said eat/drink protein and after eat/drink protein again.
    My scheduled time to work out is between 2-7am.
    Exercising wakes me up....
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Pre- drink water, walk 1.5km on the way to the rec centre, pee, row 10min.

Lift.

Post- stagger .5km, try lifting glass of water to mouth without spilling, collapse sweatily in chair, get the sweat licked by cat.

Cheers, h.