SAHM

Options
Hello everyone im also a SAHM of 5 kids afes 8..5.3.1 4 boys and a little age 1 im been trying to lose but i keep falling back on my bad eating anything puts me down my kids fighting me stressed or just day to day things in life i found this app and i have been use it for about 8 days now so far so good but all i want to do is eat when im by myself and tips on how to help that im a over eater bad

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water (maybe your actually thirsty), wait 15-30 mins, and then if your still hungry grab a small snack
    Chew Gum
    Try to keep yourself busy
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing the unthinkable and are a superhero just to make it through the day... 5 kids... Give yourself a little break, you're amazing.
    I think you need some time to yourself to exercise each day (endorphins help me enormously as a sahm) and then try to eliminate all crap food from your home so you keep yourself going on healthy snacks.
    I have nuts and apple slices for a snack and even though it's not low calorie it is better than starving myself and then grabbing the chips instead!

Good luck and once again, you're Amazing!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined the SAHM ranks. It's made it really hard for me....I used to be at work and didn't have to worry as much about what was in the house and feel like I have to re-learn stuff or do things a bit differently now that I'm home all day.

Things that still ring true though:
    Water all the time.
    Whenever you go to eat something - look at your food journal and find out where you've got room. If your protein numbers are low, have protein. If your protein and fat numbers are low, have some peanut butter or cheese. I find that the less protein I have had, the hungrier I am throughout the day. That also applies to fiber. Protein and fiber - try to reach for those whenever you're hungry for a snack or even at mealtimes.

Those are the 2 things that have dramatically helped me.