Help with my numbers (lbs, cal, workout)

Options
So I'll try to make this short and sweet. I started MFP and fitbit on March 1st and as of June 1st I dropped 62 lbs and just totally rocked it! Now, I cant seem to cut anymore weight. I'm 31, 6' tall, and between 245 and 250lbs......and by MFP recommendations I'm trying to stay at the 2400cal it suggests. Ive increased my activity levels as my weight dropped and cut my calories accordingly til now. So I work as a service technician at a local college so I'm always moving but in addition. I park a mile away so here's my daily activity. I hike a mile to work via trails. At 9am I do an uphill sprint/jog combo usually about 1500 to 2000 steps. After I cram lunch I hike a local mountain which is about 2.5 miles and a steep grade. Then after work I do the 1 mile hike to the car, and I do about 3 hrs of mixed cardio, calisthenics, and weight training once I'm home. I usually end the day at about 25k plus steps.

My diet is loose for food choice but tight on the calories. I do a morning protein shake with a whole wheat peanut butter sandwich. A can of tuna with mustard and pepper for a morning snack with a banana. Another can of tuna and a banana and a diet soda for lunch, and usually a good dinner which varies between 600 to 800 calories. Basically now that I've hit this plateau I'm wondering if the exercise deductions on MFP may be close. Usually my exercise deductions are more than my daily caloric intake, but if I'm not hungry I don't want to force feed. Lastly, my #2 breaks are VERY infrequent. Which I think may be attributed to not eating enough maybe?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Fyi, my meals do vary. What I listed was just an example.....I dont eat the same stuff everyday. Thanks

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'll start w/#2. I'm not sure how infrequently you're going but it could be due to one or more of the following factors: low fat intake (I find .4 grams per pound of bodyweight to be a good minimum , meaning eating more than that is fine), low fiber intake (38+ grams per day is a good goal for men), low water intake.

As for the plateau, how long has it been since you lost weight? June 1st?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Even if you are already eating this many grams of fat, increase the fat for the next few days:
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/ideally-many-grams-fat-should-consume-daily-5501.html
    For example, you’d need 36 to 62 grams of fat when consuming a 1,600-calorie diet per day,
    44 to 78 grams if eating a 2,000-calorie diet per day and
    58 to 101 grams of fat when consuming 2,600 calories per day.

• mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lower calories to 2000
  • awcforever
    awcforever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I can drop back to 2k on the cslories, I just can't make heads or tails of it. I was just looking at my diary and on any given day I eat between 2200 and 2450, my exercise calories are around 1100 to 1500. Can it really be that far off? I mean I know simple science calories in and out, but man.......gonna be a crazy first week.
  • awcforever
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'll start w/#2. I'm not sure how infrequently you're going but it could be due to one or more of the following factors: low fat intake (I find .4 grams per pound of bodyweight to be a good minimum , meaning eating more than that is fine), low fiber intake (38+ grams per day is a good goal for men), low water intake.

As for the plateau, how long has it been since you lost weight? June 1st?

I've been bouncing on my weight between 245 and 250......I'm just now really getting into my macros, I was just watching my protein for the most part and my calories, but I think you may be on to something with the fat intake......my macros are always off as it's been hard enough just watching calories, but my fats are very low.....most of it is my protein shake....other than that my lunch is hardly any, and my dinners are fairly high protein as well like chicken breast in a salad with vinegar and seasoning. Maybe I'll swap out a few times this week with an avacado and some beef vs all the birds I've been eating

Thanks !
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Exercise calories are notoriously inaccurate and the activity factor is just a multiplier of your BMR. I would drop calories by 200 per day and wait to see what happens to your weight for a month then reassess.
  • awcforever
    Options
    Exercise calories are notoriously inaccurate and the activity factor is just a multiplier of your BMR. I would drop calories by 200 per day and wait to see what happens to your weight for a month then reassess.

I'm going to drop back to 2100 to start and see where it gets me....As for an update, today I upped my morning routine to include 30min on the elliptical before work, and a 3 mile run in the evenings.......I'm determined to get over this hump!