Need motivation to lose 100+ pounds; 5"9'; female

Options
Preet2drop100nMore
Preet2drop100nMore Posts: 22 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone
I have read some of the success stories and wish I can be as motivated as you ladies have been. I have been struggling to stay on the right path to a better health. I hope to achieve my health goals and share my success(fingers crossed) to motivate others like myself who are in desperate need to lose weight due to obesity.

Replies

• JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can do it.
    My name is debi and I started my journey to a better me in March of this year. this app has helped me by making me enter my meals daily no matter what i ate I tracked it. I was reminded to drink more water, and exercise.
    I didn't get heavy overnight it took a lifetime....so my goals are reasonable at 2lbs per week.
    So far I have lost 31 lbs.
    Best advice I could pass on is don't get discouraged, set obtainable goals, track everything you eat good n bad, n put exercise in your life.
    This is not diet but a life change.
    Good luck
  • Preet2drop100nMore
    Preet2drop100nMore Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    JoenDeb1958
    Thank you
    30+ pounds lose in almost five months ?
    That's great achievement.
    I hope to post something similar in a couple of months.
    I have started to eat early dinners. Cutting back on junk food, unnecessary calorie drinks etc
    Started walking today and hope to attend the gym I have been a member of for years without much attendance.
  • cclorentz91
    cclorentz91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've totally been where you are. I have looked at the success stories and actually felt more demotivated than ever. One day, I decided to try what everybody had been talking about. What else did I have to lose? I started counting my calories, it's amazing what a chocolate bar can add up to - it only took one time that I had to skip dinner because I had chosen a chocolate bar instead of other foods more filling calories. I invested in a five dollar step counter. They say 10,000 steps a day is what you should trying to hit each day. I began taking the Stairs, when I got home and saw parking spot close to my house I keep driving-I force myself to park farther away so that I would get more steps in. I purchased a simple 10 pound dumbbell and I use that for my strength training at home. In 8 weeks I have lost 13lbs! And yet I haven't went to the gym once. Counting my calories, trying to maintain the 10,000 steps a day while trying to fit in 3 to 3-5 workouts a week has been the trick for me.
    Find what fits into your body and your lifestyle. I definitely recommend the step counter though - it's like a mini angry trainer on your waist that pushes you throughout the day!
    Keep your chin up lady
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You got this if you can put your mind to it you can do anything. Just eat clean and bust your butt. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Strip off, stand in front of a mirror and jump

Read some articles about health risks of obesity

When you fall down, get up and keep going. Everybody makes mistakes, has an overly calorific meal or snack...do not let that ruin your day or your next choice ...there is no "oh well might as well"

And if this formerly obese, old, asthmatic couch potato can do it ...you can do it

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've totally been where you are. I have looked at the success stories and actually felt more demotivated than ever. One day, I decided to try what everybody had been talking about. What else did I have to lose? I started counting my calories, it's amazing what a chocolate bar can add up to - it only took one time that I had to skip dinner because I had chosen a chocolate bar instead of other foods more filling calories. I invested in a five dollar step counter. They say 10,000 steps a day is what you should trying to hit each day. I began taking the Stairs, when I got home and saw parking spot close to my house I keep driving-I force myself to park farther away so that I would get more steps in. I purchased a simple 10 pound dumbbell and I use that for my strength training at home. In 8 weeks I have lost 13lbs! And yet I haven't went to the gym once. Counting my calories, trying to maintain the 10,000 steps a day while trying to fit in 3 to 3-5 workouts a week has been the trick for me.
    Find what fits into your body and your lifestyle. I definitely recommend the step counter though - it's like a mini angry trainer on your waist that pushes you throughout the day!
    Keep your chin up lady

She's got it

Awesome :)
  • staindgal
    staindgal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We can all do this with patience and support! I'm the same height as you and have 200+ pounds to lose, so I understand feeling overwhelmed by how far you have left to go! Everyday that we make better choices is one day closer to optimal health!
    Also, breaking your weight loss into smaller goals makes it seem more obtainable! We can do this!
    I sent you a friend request!