Haven't dieted in a decade: could use support.

Options
Hey MFP community! I'm 35 and a therapist...and mom of two. Haven't dieted in a decade, and now have 20-30 pounds to lose to get back to a healthy place. Would love to form a community of determined (but not obsessive) folks to support each other. ( I'm new to the community feature.) I would also know what programs/diets you guys are having success with. I'm totally daunted by this.

Replies

• kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    My name is Marisha. I am 43 years old also mother of 2. I am a registered nurse. I have 35 pounds to lose and this is my 2nd day back using MFP app. I would love to be apart of your support team. Please add me
  • alexandrabharrison80
    Options
    Hey! Figuring out how to add people...new to this aspect of MFP. Glad you reached out...this is tough stuff!!
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Click on the profile and the profile picture will come up, click on the name and when the next screen come up you will
    see an icon of a person with a plus/add sign not to it, just click on that and that's how you friend request. Good Luck Alexandra
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @alexandrabharrison80 Also, click on the pale star at the top of the first post on this page to bookmark it. And good for you getting started again...my advice is to think of your diet as a food plan forever instead of a diet. That way you will lose weight and start maintenance all at the same time...much easier than transitioning from a "diet" to a maintenance plan!
  • alexandrabharrison80
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, @KetoneKaren :)