Anyone Meditate??

Options
Hey! I meditate everyday and looking for someone who does too! I'm currently trying to eat healthier as well! Any tips would be great!

Replies

• mommahags
    mommahags Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do a guided meditation on YouTube most nights before bed. I usually end up falling asleep though :p I'm going to start in the mornings as well to start my day off on a better note.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do, usually take myself into lucid dreaming through it and literally take my mind all over the place.
  • runpines
    runpines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, meditation has changed my life - or just 'sitting' as I think of it. 20-30 minutes everyday. I have been able to commit to this for about a year. I am calmer, clearer and more present. I just started MyFitnessPal today because it is time to commit to eating healthier and set goals for weight loss.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've been meditating daily since the beginning of the year, and it's changed my life too. It's a very valuable adjunct to changing your diet and lifestyle to be healthier.
  • hmclaughlan84
    hmclaughlan84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some one told me to do this as I have high stress levels how do I start please could really do with the advise
  • symbrn
    symbrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've recently begun meditating after reading Hal Elrod's Miracle Morning. It's such a wonderful way to begin the day. Because I imagined myself not staying committed to a quiet routine, I've downloaded the Stop, Breathe and Think app. I recommend doing a guided meditation because it'll help guide your thoughts and help you focus on your breathing so you can relax.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Some one told me to do this as I have high stress levels how do I start please could really do with the advise

huffingtonpost.com/sam-harris/how-to-meditate_b_861295.html

or

https://headspace.com/ - if you need more structure/guidance
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hey! I meditate everyday and looking for someone who does too! I'm currently trying to eat healthier as well! Any tips would be great!

Mindfulness meditation here
  • HotBod003
    HotBod003 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I meditate often best part of my day it early morning meditation while the sun rises.....
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd love to learn...
  • hmclaughlan84
    Options

huffingtonpost.com/sam-harris/how-to-meditate_b_861295.html

or

https://headspace.com/ - if you need more structure/guidance

Thank you so much
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yup.
    i like to do active meditation
    focus on breathing, acknowledge my thoughts and emotions. and then let them go
  • janeofalltrades14
    janeofalltrades14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! That is awesome & I love the positivity in this thread. :smiley: I just starting meditating more regularly & it's been amazing so far. Looking for motivating new friends on MFP.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What a great thread to fall upon!
    mommahags wrote: »
    I do a guided meditation on YouTube most nights before bed. I usually end up falling asleep though :p I'm going to start in the mornings as well to start my day off on a better note.

@mommahags Which youtube one in particular?

I do have one I do at night but I too fall asleep part way through... so relaxing!!
  • hmclaughlan84
    Options
    I tried my first lot of meditation last night went OK I found my mind wandering a lot but will keep it up also tried my first session of hypnosis anyone ever tried that
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

I don't meditate as such since I do lots of good thinking by walking or running every day which suits my goals better.

Here's some tips I've found useful.

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart%20a_zpsot9kdvnv.jpg

Eating%20Right_zps4gbrqnjd.png
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yep! everyday :)
  • befitnonny
    befitnonny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yep..not alot but everytime I do I'm calmer..think better..and feel happy and peace inside
  • mommahags
    mommahags Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I do have one I do at night but I too fall asleep part way through... so relaxing!!

I just search for guided relaxation or guided meditation and pick what looks good :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I just search for guided relaxation or guided meditation and pick what looks good :)

thanks!