Barbeque ribs recipes - YUMMMMM

Options
runningneo122
runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
I like to cook and bake things myself so I can eat more of the things that I like and still be eating healthier than eating out or buying the pre-made stuff at the store. Also, if I plug the recipe into the Diary, I get to see the macros. I roll my own sushi to avoid the high sodium of getting it elsewhere.

This past holiday weekend, I tried my hand at BBQ ribs on my grill and here are the recipes and the process that I used.

I started with a rack of ribs that weighed six pounds. After patting the meat side dry, I applied a dry rub that was just a combination of spices.

2 T paprika
2 T salt
2 T onion powder
2 T ground black pepper

I had to cut the rack in about half so they would fit on my oven broiler pan. I put about an inch deep of water in the bottom and poured in 2 T soy sauce. I covered the whole thing in foil and put it in my oven on the middle shelf at 275F for 2 hours. The pan caught the drippings and the water essentially steamed the meat (keeping it moist) for a pre-cook shortening the time on the grill.

I pulled it out after the 2 hours and fired up my grill on low to medium achieving a temp of 250F. I put the meat on the left side of the grill with NO HEAT under it. On the right side(over the heat), I placed the open pan from the broiler (without the top piece that I used for the first step).

Every 30 - 45 minutes I basted the meat and turned it over.

1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 T paprika
2 T chili powder
2 T ground cumin
2 T brown sugar
2 T salt
2 T ground black pepper
1 T ground oregano
1 T granulated sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper

After 3 hours on the grill the internal temp was 130F so I switched to the BBQ sauce for the finishing touch. I brushed this on the meat and continued the 30 minute flip routine.

1/4 C water
~ 10 oz. of a generic BBQ sauce from the store - kind of tangy
3 T Wing House Dallas Secret Sauce - kind of sweet
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T pure lemon juice
1 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sage

After a total of 5 hours on the grill, the internal temp had reached 145F on the piece with the shorter ribs so I pulled them off and ate them dipping them in the leftover BBQ sauce. I left the other piece on for another hour and pulled it off. They weren't "fall off the bone" but the meat pulled off the bone when I bit into them.

Outstanding to say the least!! I am quite impressed with the results as I have not done a lot of grilling, per se, outside of burgers and steaks. That's another post for another day with some great impromptu marinade recipes.

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I can see a lot of people drooling while reading this :laugh: Thanks for recipe
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I can see a lot of people drooling while reading this :laugh: Thanks for recipe
    You're welcome, bro. I just had some leftovers today and they are even better the next day!! Hope I can score a deal on ribs like that again soon.