Daily Weighing

Options
Morning.
I've been using an app to weigh myself daily which I think is great. It's a new world for me and it's shown me just how much weight can change in a day.
However .... The last 3 days I ha r weighed exactly the same and the weigh in I record the week is tomorrow. Somehow this week I've put a pound on but I'm doing nothing different. It's odd that I've no moved either even by an ounce.
Is there anybody out there that weighs daily and has had this problem? x

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It reads exactly the same amount each time? Does your scale need a fresh battery?
  • sammispatz92
    sammispatz92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen a few times, down to the tenth of a pound. It's kind of weird, Because my scale is digital sometimes I think it's a glitch so I'll step off and on again, but it's still the same.. I weigh in daily too, which makes me losses and gains seem more intense sometimes but as long as I remind myself of where I started it helps me from getting discouraged
  • nop2008
    nop2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It reads exactly the same amount each time? Does your scale need a fresh battery?
    Yes it's exactly the same but I do use a kettlebell which I know weighs 11lbs on the scale first to check it's accurate x
  • nop2008
    Options
    I've had that happen a few times, down to the tenth of a pound. It's kind of weird, Because my scale is digital sometimes I think it's a glitch so I'll step off and on again, but it's still the same.. I weigh in daily too, which makes me losses and gains seem more intense sometimes but as long as I remind myself of where I started it helps me from getting discouraged

It's so odd that it's been the same for 3 days. I was having such a good run of steady losses so it's kicked the wind out of my sails a but but of course I'll keep going
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that weight loss is linear, you're not always going to have losses.
    My question would be are you nearing your TOM? I put on up to 6pounds around that time with intense water retention etc.
    Also if you have upped your exercise routine then you could be retaining as well.

As you are weighing in everyday, choose the "all" option in the weight-in section graph and just focus on the fact that you have a downward trend. :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I weighed exactly the same for a whole week before experiencing a "woosh" and dropping 3lbs. Don't worry about it!
  • chrislo2691
    chrislo2691 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My weight bounces around a lot, because I do very different things on different days. I look for a general trend. Sometimes like tridgen it can be around the same for a week or too then it will start going down.
    The important thing is not to see it as a problem. There are times when the body kind of recalibrates itself, or there are just times when you will not lose weight or gain weight. look for trends over a week or a month. If it is your TOM then you need to just say ok when it's over when it's over have I gone down. If you have a few months data then you should still see the overall trend.
  • nop2008
    Options
    I weighed exactly the same for a whole week before experiencing a "woosh" and dropping 3lbs. Don't worry about it!

That's made me feel better x
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Assuming your scale is OK, don't get too caught up in individual readings. Your weight can go up, down, or sideways every moment of the day. While it seems like an anomaly that you had 3 in a row the same, it's certainly possible.

Just keep doing what you're doing!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, 3 days is nothing. I've had many days where I've stayed the same, and I've had a 2 week period where I gained and lost the same 2 pounds. It'll move eventually, as long as you're sure you're not overeating :smile:
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I do not weigh daily. The reason is my body does weird stuff. An example being I tend to do this thing where my weight appears stable, then it looks like I gain a pound or two, then it drops out of Nowhere. I will end up a few pounds lighter than the stabilized weight. The time it takes varies. I know it often feels like I am making no progress during a month and when I look at the final data, the loss is on track.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have lots of weeks where I weigh the same two or three days in a row. Sometimes after that I lose some more weight. I've even had the occasional week where I weigh the same low weight three days, and then the fourth day is higher. I don't sweat it, because the overall trend is down.

I actually weigh every day and log it as a separate measurement called "Daily Weight." Then, once a week, I take an average of the past seven days and log that as my official weight. That smooths out all of the ups and downs and helps me see the bigger picture. :)
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the other week my weight was exactly the same for 3 days in a row then I dropped 3 lbs. Later, it read the same weight 2 days in a row and then it went down a whole lb.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Exactly the same here, 76kg (167 pounds) for the last week weighing daily. This morning lost 1kg went down to 75kg (165 pounds 2.2 pounds lost). I'm getting used to this happening now!
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    nop2008 wrote: »
    Morning.
    I've been using an app to weigh myself daily which I think is great. It's a new world for me and it's shown me just how much weight can change in a day.
    However .... The last 3 days I ha r weighed exactly the same and the weigh in I record the week is tomorrow. Somehow this week I've put a pound on but I'm doing nothing different. It's odd that I've no moved either even by an ounce.
    Is there anybody out there that weighs daily and has had this problem? x

I not only weigh daily, but numerous times a day. Yes, I know, it's an obsession lol The only weight I take into consideration is my first weight of the morning, with no clothes, before I eat and after using the restroom. I just experienced two full weeks of the scale not budging an ounce. I was devastated, but kept at it anyway. I realized I was eating way under calories, so I bumped up the calories and added more water and it finally just dropped a pound. Sometimes your body just needs that period of adjustment. Trust me, if you're being 100% faithful, it will move again. I was absolutely panicked cuz the scale stopped moving, but with time, it did. Best wishes! Don't give up!
  • nop2008
    Options
    Thank you everybody x
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

^^^ Same
  • queenb3701
    queenb3701 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself multiple times a day, it was driving me crazy. For instance, i weighed myself on Thursday night after eating a steak and i was up to 146.0
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I very often weigh the exact same 3, 4, 5 days in a row. The first time it happened I thought the scale was broken, but I now know it's how my body works. As long as I keep doing what I'm doing after those days I drop between 1-2 lbs overnight, a few ounces more the next day and then the cycle starts again. Which is exactly in line with my 1.5 lb a week goal.