Workout DVD recs please (with muscle building/toning not jus

Options
Im 6 months pregnant and ive put a lot of baby weight on and lost most my muscle tone. My main problem is my lower body is DISGUSTING! - my thighs have swelled to twice their original size, lost ALL of their previous muscle tone and are covered with the wobbliest, loosest, lardiest fat and cellulite in all of creation!

I used to have very muscular thighs with defnition - i want to get back to that. I want to re-build all the lost muscle tone, especially on the lower body, whilst also losing the extra baby fat. I notice a lot of fitness DVDs dont really do much muscle building exercise so i need some recs please for losing fat AND gaining muscle after giving birth... and one that focuses on lower body aswel, not just core/abs like some do.

What fitness DVDs can you suggest as a great overall way for me to get in shape post-partum?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme.
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That might be a little too vigorous if she's 6 months pregnant though, no?
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Chalean Extreme and it is a great set of workouts - not too long but I am definitely getting results.

But - have you been doing workouts before you got pregnant and through out? I would caution you starting something new while pregnant. You are getting close to the end and may want to just try to maintain til you have the baby.

I actually found a pregnacy Yoga dvd when I was pregnant. I would look for something like that.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I suggest Kim Kardashians "fit in your jeans by friday" lower body work out...

Kim works along with a trainer, and it is a lower body strengthing and toning video...

Its awesome and I am seeing results in my thighs definately!

only nine dollars on walmart.com
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started on my journey, coming from never working out...I was trying to do the gym thing but would only make it like twice a week...obviously this did not help me build much, if any, muscle or endurance.

Right now I am on Day 12 of 30 Day Shred and have already noticed that my legs and arms are stronger and harder. It will be easy for you to do I think because it's only about 25 minutes from beginning to end, so you can fit it in when the baby is napping :)

Not sure what your level of fitness is right now, but it is quite the workout for 20 minutes.
  • S_villafana2001
    Options
    I'd highly recommend Tracy Mallets Get Your Body Back DVD for after giving birth. My friend used it post partum and after 4 weeks essentially all the baby fat had been lost. However, if you're 6 months pregnant right now, you should prolly stick to her Fit While Pregnant or 3-in-1 Pregnancy System. Her workouts focus entirely on pregnant and post partum bodies, which is why they'd probably be good for what you need.
  • Flsunshine1969
    Flsunshine1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out Jackie Warner's circuit training dvd's. You can buy them right on Amazon.com. I have the total body circuit training dvd. It is the dvd that is white with blue lettering. I think you'll love it!
  • MissCleopatra
    Options

LOL i think it would - But i was asking for recs for AFTER giving birth, hehe :)
  • MissCleopatra
    Options
    OK, so, at the moment this is my list of recommended DVDs for getting a leaner, more muscular shape after giving birth:

* Chalean extreme

* Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

*Tracy Anderson Method & Tracy Anderson Method Mat Workout - both DVDs together as 1 program... or Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy Workout

*Jackie Warner Circuit Training DVD

*Tracey Mallet Get Your Body Back

Can anyone add to these suggestions? Or comment either way on the above?

I want to make sure there is plenty of strength-training exercise in w/e DVDs i choose, especially for lower body - as well as the necessary cardio/fat loss moves.

Am i on the right track with the above? Which ones would you choose?
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    30 Day Shred(Jillian Micheals) and when you are cleared from the DR.I would say Turbo Fire!!(Beachbody) Jillian Micheals has really good DVDs and they are cheap,get them from Wal-mart or Target!
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Def Chalean Extreme! I'm doing that and Turbo Fire together and I am losing fat/weight and getting great muscle definition.
  • MissCleopatra
    Options
    Thanks everyone. These all seem right up my alley.

So glad no-one recommended a 'celebrity' dvd or novelty dance show aerobics or w/e - these always seem so half-hearted to me and a money-making scheme for the celeb and whoever is promoting them. xxx
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

LOL i think it would - But i was asking for recs for AFTER giving birth, hehe :)

Ohhhh ok that makes me feel better! haha