Insanity Asylum

Options
Hey guys, I am new here on this website and I just had a few questions. I have done P90X and have not really gotten any results so I was looking to Insanity. My friend had a copy of Asylum but he did not have a copy of Insanity. Will I be able to keep up or lose weight if I do Asylum without not even touching Insanity?

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am wrapping up Asylum now and have done Insanity and P90X several times, but I have to be honest if you have not got any results from P90X then without any more information from you I'd have to say you are doing something wrong or not following the program as designed. Mostly people don't see results because they continue eating junk and don't make a complete lifestyle change. I doubt you'd get any better results from Asylum considering that. It's a 30 day routine and it's mostly cardio but a lot of strength type moves mixed in with the cardio. It's pretty hard core I'd recommend going through Insanity first. Can you elaborate on what results you were looking for from P90X? Is it mainly losing weight?
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am wrapping up Asylum now and have done Insanity and P90X several times, but I have to be honest if you have not got any results from P90X then without any more information from you I'd have to say you are doing something wrong or not following the program as designed. Mostly people don't see results because they continue eating junk and don't make a complete lifestyle change. I doubt you'd get any better results from Asylum. It's a 30 day routine and it's mostly cardio but a lot of strength type moves mixed in with the cardio. It's pretty hard core I'd recommend going through Insanity first. Can you elaborate on what results you were looking for from P90X? Is it mainly losing weight?

Ditto
  • elsonvarkey
    Options
    Well I got stronger but it seemed that I did not lose weight. My main intention for P90X was to lose weight. However I got quite the opposite. Btw, I did not eat any junk food when I was doing P90X. I was even doing doubles.
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm an Insanity grad and my wife is a P90X grad. She tried Insanity a few months back and decided to stop because she didn't like the way she hurt the next day. I would definitely suggest to do Insanity before the Asylum. I'm probably going to do Asylum in August/September, but I know it's more intense than what I'm doing now.
  • jimjj211
    jimjj211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went through Insanity Asylum without doing Inanity. I started almost immediately after I finished P90X, and it was a challenging adjustment but I made it just fine, so it can't be too hard. P90 was semi-effective, but the Asylum got me much better results in terms of weight loss because of the cardio.... Only downfall of Asylum is there is very little strength workouts compared to P90X....
  • bduwii
    bduwii Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with the previos response. I would do Insanity before Asylum. Asylum is the next step up from Insanity...you're basically getting groomed to work out for the Asylum. It really could be a matter of what you are eating. Are you following the food guide that came with P90X? I am restarting it but the last time I did P90X, halfway through I lost a god 10 pounds. Not just with being consistent but watching my food intake (and water, too!). I've got friends on Facebook that could help you out, too if you're interested in talking with others on their approach with P90X or Insanity.

www.beachbody.com/bduwii
    www.facebook.com/bduwii (Friend me!)

Britni
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Well I got stronger but it seemed that I did not lose weight. My main intention for P90X was to lose weight. However I got quite the opposite. Btw, I did not eat any junk food when I was doing P90X. I was even doing doubles.

If you are eating right, and pushing yourself to YOUR limit during the workouts, its' really hard not to lose weight. I burn between 600-1000 calories during a P90X workout and I find that it's actually hard to eat enough. PM me if you want to discuss more in detail I'd be glad to look at what you are doing more in depth because you really should lose some weight at least. It's really hard for me to lose as I have hypothyroid but I followed a great nutrition plan and did the programs exactly as designed and I've lost about 48 pounds.
  • elsonvarkey
    Options
    Yep, thats the answer I was looking for. I am planning to just lose some weight but if I ever lose muscle, P90X is always there.