Fitbit or Apple Watch and why?

Options
Hello. I started about a week ago on MFP and and having a great time making better choices and working out. I'm looking to get a fitness tracker. I've narrowed it down to either a Fitbit blaze or Apple Watch. I'm leaning more torwards the Apple Watch because of the other not fitness application but not sure it's worth the money. So, which would you choice and why? Feel free to friend request me too. Always could use more support. Go!

Replies

• rachel29hart
    rachel29hart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting you journey! I had the same dilemma, but out of no where went with Garmin. There's a Garmin store not far from me, and the people who worked there were incredibly inquisitive about how I would be using it and together we found that the Vivosmart HR was the best model. I love having one, and it was exactly what I needed to jumpstart my weight loss. However, if you have an Apple Phone I suggest getting the Apple watch since you get much more use out of it for the money.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I started out with the FitBit Charge Hr and went through two of them as they are not very durable. I now have an Apple Watch. While the watch is awesome and I love it, as far as activity tracking I think the FitBit is far superior. The watch doesn't have an indigenous sleep tracker and the sleep apps you have to manually start and stop them which is annoying. My sleep stats are so off because I forget to shut it off when I wake up so it just continues tracking "sleep" as I go about my day. The watch also doesn't track stairs. It also tracks the number of times you stand in an hour which is kind of silly in my opinion. For some reason the watch always notified me to stand up literally minutes after I sat down. I would definately recommend the FitBit over the watch but be very careful as they are super delicate and break so easily.
  • jacquieB2016
    jacquieB2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought the first FitBit when they were introduced. Had to return it when I had issues with the material they were initially using on the inner band and causing my skin to react. Last year I purchased the FitBit Surge with HR and I love it. If I could change anything on it; it would be the front face and they have done that with the new Blaze (lucky me :) ) . I love my FitBit and its durability enough that I am purchasing one for my father for his 80th in a few weeks. That way he can enjoy the new look and track his steps and HR as he moves forward to hopefully celebrating #90!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch, but more for the stuff it does outside of fitness tracking. It also only runs for a day 6-11 and needs to charge. So you can't really sleep with it and use it as a wake up alarm.