Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    I like to go to Trader Joes to get my "unhealthy" food because there it's not as unhealthy, and it tastes so much better because it's fresh and organic :)

I totally agree with this statement and 2 items that are my favorites that are not the healthiest choices but healthier than at a regular store is their:

Uncured Turkey bacon (has more protien than other TB and does not shrink to nothing like other brands I have tried)
    Teriakyi Turkey Jerky
    Unsalted Potato Chips "Potato Trio"
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What dont I buy at this place! I visit them at least twice a week! The newest item I have tried is their frozen chile relleno! sooooooooooo good!

i changed my pic to their logo i love them so much! haha! i have seen that there but never tried it. does it have alot of cals or salt? stuffed with yummy cheese?

I believe it has around 350 cals and yes stuffed with yummy cheese, its good to have once in a while not all the time! I saw your pic, I told my daughter she needs to get a job there and get me some discounts lol
  • kabakken
    kabakken Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I go grocery shopping later - LOVE Trader Joe's! My fave: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Graham Crackers - delicious.
  • sachsmelissa
    Options
    low fat spinach pie
    vegetarian bean burrito
    frozen quina
    fresh lentils- add low fat feta, tomato, and onion
    vegetable medley in butter sauce
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just had one of their "hold the cone mini ice cream cones" yum!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i am bringing this thread back to life!!

whoever told me about those baked onion ring things..YUMM-O is all i have to say!! so good, but you are right, you have to take out your serving and put that damn bag away!!

i have a new one! just saw them on FRIDAY...I think that they were called Guilt-Free Skinny Fries...OMG..they are like air-popped french fries. for one ounce it is 110 cals and you get like a MILLION of them! i ate just half an ounce and my plate was still full!!

i bought their mandarin/orange chicken that is frozen and will be trying it tonight with some brown rice and veggies!!

do you have any new favorites???
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I just got some Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola dressing. So good! It's only 70 cals for 2 T, in the refrigerated salad section, not on the dry shelves.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options

whoever told me about those baked onion ring things..YUMM-O is all i have to say!! so good, but you are right, you have to take out your serving and put that damn bag away!!

i have a new one! just saw them on FRIDAY...I think that they were called Guilt-Free Skinny Fries...OMG..they are like air-popped french fries. for one ounce it is 110 cals and you get like a MILLION of them! i ate just half an ounce and my plate was still full!!

i bought their mandarin/orange chicken that is frozen and will be trying it tonight with some brown rice and veggies!!

Are skinny fries in freezer section or is this like a chip?
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I should set up camp there............

Lightly salted potato chips
    Fiberful Fruit Leathers (in the dried fruit aisle) I'm a diabetic and have them in my purse for a pick me up
    Our dog loves the assorted bones
    THE BEST - - - Almond butter with roasted flaxseeds. Pricey but worth every penny.
    Lo salt canned minestrone soup
    Ezekiel Bread with sesame seeds ** I eat this every day, usually with the almond butter on top!!
    Frozen breaded chicken cutlets - My husband eats these more than I do.

I love Trader Joes.
  • borncreole
    Options
    I like the Dark Chocolate Pretzel Chips. The pretzels are thin and flat. Really good! I live in HI, so I can only get them when someone travels to the mainland.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just posted but forgot they make a Fantastic spinach & artichoke dip. It's frozen and in a cup you just have to nuke it - unbelievable!!
  • 4himalone
    4himalone Posts: 69
    Options
    I have not been to TJ is a long time...I can see I need to go soon!!!!!!
    Thank you all for divulging your favorites!!!!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I go regularly as well. They have a lot of great vegetarian choices. Here are my staples from the frozen section -

- Roasted vegetable enchiladas
    - Paneer tikka masala with spinach basmati rice
    - Garden vegetable lasagne
    - Stacked eggplant parmesan
    - Vegetable masala burgers
    - TJ's Veggie Burgers
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    they have really great vanilla meringue cookies. They are low cal and so, so yummy!
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump!:)
  • gailygail99
    Options

Are skinny fries in freezer section or is this like a chip?

So sorry for not responding, i just checked this thread back. they are in the chip section..they are like air popped..
  • gailygail99
    Options
    they have really great vanilla meringue cookies. They are low cal and so, so yummy!

i always wanted to try those:)
  • gailygail99
    Options
    I go regularly as well. They have a lot of great vegetarian choices. Here are my staples from the frozen section -

- Roasted vegetable enchiladas
    - Paneer tikka masala with spinach basmati rice
    - Garden vegetable lasagne
    - Stacked eggplant parmesan
    - Vegetable masala burgers
    - TJ's Veggie Burgers

that all does sound yummy, but a lot of their frozen stuff is LOADED with SALT!!
  • gailygail99
    Options
    OK so my new FAVE is the Mandarian Orange Chicken. It is in the frozen section and the cals and sodium are not that bad!! It is freaking amazing! You put all the chix on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven, then heat the sauce seperate in the microwave. It is awesome!!