Well here I am again....9 years since I first posted. But. Just as determined as ever.

Options
And here I am 9 years later. Sadly I never reached those goals, though I lost and gained 35 pounds over and over again. I did however try many things...I got back to swimming, I learned how to lift weights, I joined Crossfit and did that for nearly 2 years, along with eating Paleo. I FELT wonderful, ten years younger...however, I really did not go down drastically in size. I need to loose over 100 pounds...and I went all the way from a size 28 to a size 24...and held there. My body LOOKED much better, in that I was kind of...re-arranged...musclely and toned. I had stamina out the wazoo. I deadlifted 240 pounds and back squatted 150!! I was by far the oldest and the fattest lady at Crossfit! Haahaha.....then, sadly, in 2013 unknown to me, I developed endometrial cancer. I found out in July of 2015...and this past year has just been about getting better. And praise Jesus I DID get better, I am cancer free, and I am starting all over again, for about the 4th time since I began this thread.

I still want to do those things above, and just want to add...having been really fit during the Crossfit season I am looking for that same measure of fitness. However, I must not over excercise, as my doctor told me that I probably was living in a contstant state of fight or flight. So now....we are back to swimming...and eating clean and simple foods well within my calorie allotment here...and loving it.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Here are some pictures I find helpful:

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart%20a_zpsot9kdvnv.jpg

Eating%20Right_zps4gbrqnjd.png

• bmarie1920981
    bmarie1920981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm a repeat offender here as well, but I'm a month in so far and going strong
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow you've fought the battle with cancer. Obviously you are a strong warrior. This weight thing is nothing. You've got this! :):)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, the good news is, as long as you haven't given up, you haven't failed! And, you've had lots of adventures, and accomplished a lot, and learned a lot along the way!

You absolutely can do this! ((hugs))
  • rhifit
    rhifit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's all good. Starting again is better than not starting at all!
    I too have been back and forth with the endometrial cancer. It's been quite a ride!