Serial dieter...what's different this time

Options
Hey guys I have been dieting on and off for as long as I can remember but this time around things are different:
1. It's not a diet and nothing is off limits ( it just has to fit my calories for the day)
2. I am losing weight but that's not my focus. My focus is to get stronger, fitter, more flexible and acquiring all kind of superpowers along the way.
3. I eat more clean and healthy ingredients because I want more energy and to feel better from the inside out.
4. I don't judge myself
5. My mottos are just strive for constant improvement and be the best person I can be
***how about you guys...what's different this time around?

Replies

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow serial dieter! Been there done than dieter. Tried them all from the Atkins (didn't work bc I am vegan) grapefruit and cabbage soup diet to weight watchers , MFP, juicing for 10 days etc....lost the weight and regained it! Why is this time different you ask?? I want balance with carbs into my meals and still be able to lose weight. I will never hit my protein that MFP recommend since I am vegan and all vegan protein has higher fat (like tofu and tempeh)but I seem to always go over in fat and carb (I eat a lot of veggies) maybe I need portion control! ? Balance and weight loss! Tired of hoping on and off band wagons! I am one week in and I see many areas I need to improve on! I am tackling them one at a time. First is no snacking after a meal....basically after a meal I shouldn't be hungry therefore I need to stop picking! Also no pickin while I prepare meals.
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    Hello fellow serial dieter! Been there done than dieter. Tried them all from the Atkins (didn't work bc I am vegan) grapefruit and cabbage soup diet to weight watchers , MFP, juicing for 10 days etc....lost the weight and regained it! Why is this time different you ask?? I want balance with carbs into my meals and still be able to lose weight. I will never hit my protein that MFP recommend since I am vegan and all vegan protein has higher fat (like tofu and tempeh)but I seem to always go over in fat and carb (I eat a lot of veggies) maybe I need portion control! ? Balance and weight loss! Tired of hoping on and off band wagons! I am one week in and I see many areas I need to improve on! I am tackling them one at a time. First is no snacking after a meal....basically after a meal I shouldn't be hungry therefore I need to stop picking! Also no pickin while I prepare meals.

Cool...I always go over my fats and carbs too and my protein is on the low side but I am not worried about it for now. I work on eating as good as I can as my journey progress I will fine tune those details. I have snacks because it helps me relieve some stress at work but they are portion controlled and tracked and once I finish them and I want something else I drink loads of water and green tea. I don't deprive myself of anything and that is freeing. Thanks for sharing your story.