Active senior looking to take off 50lbs need someone to help

Options
ldbenedick
ldbenedick Posts: 1 Member
Retirement has not been good for my waistline. Workout at gym at least 3 days a week ellipitical free weights but weight goes up and down trying my fitness pal to keep track of calories. Hoping there is someone else out there doing the same thing

Replies

• phfrye47
    phfrye47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found that keeping count of calories as well as carbs, sugar, and sodium are sure to keep you on track with losing weight IF you try to be honest about what you're eating and how much. This is the first time I have kept track of foods I have eaten and Fitness Pal is really working for me. I am watching carbs very carefully as I have Type 2 Diabetes. A recent surge in my blood sugar is what motivated me to start tracking everything I eat. I have lost 12 lbs. in 5 weeks by tracking my food, and doing moderate exercise. I am 69 years old. My blood sugar is now under control also. Good Luck to you.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 67, retired in June of 2015. I'd already lost the weight before my nutritionist showed me MFP, but I'm watching my food intake since starting to deal with my type 2 diabetes and since learning that I am no longer 5' 4.5"; I'm not even 5' 1"! So between adjusting the food for the diabetes and my height, I really need MFP. I have been sedentary since retiring but am becoming stronger day by day, with the hope that I can start walking more and begin to exercise.

Welcome, new comers, @ldbenedick and @phfrye47 !
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,528 Member
    Options
    I'm 60, have been quite active for a dozen-plus years, lost 60+ pounds since April 2015, and have now been maintaining at goal weight for a few months. If this sounds close enough to what you're looking for, feel free to friend me.
  • judyring
    judyring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends if you would lije
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @ldbenedick This is a very active Women Over 50 forum I participate in...forewarning, we are very chatty.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10418161/women-ages-50-for-july-2016/p1

Bookmark the threads you want to follow by highlighting the pale star above the top post on any discussion page.