Tiff's Treats is the devil!!!!

Options
Help! It's about to happen!
In my pre-myfitnesspal.com life (about 2 wks ago) I was a Tiff's treats fanatic. Warm fresh cookies that don't get made till I order them, AND I'm not the one baking them. WITH some blue bell ice cream. Perfection. Well, I'm still on the emailing list, and they just sent an email about a new cookie flavor. I can't resist! Help, I've been under my calories everyday and doing so well, but I'm about to close the shades and rub some warm cookies all over me!

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed to order just ONE cookie? (And NO ice cream?) If so, that is what I would do.

Don't order them if you have to get more than one, and you know you are going to eat them all in a sitting or two, would be my advice. Completely depriving yourself of anything will make you crazy and more likely to binge down the line. But if you can moderate and just have 1 cookie, and really take the time to enjoy the 1 cookie, it's not the end of the world. =)
  • mdinardo73
    mdinardo73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MODERATION!!! Completely denying yourself something can be more problematic in the long run... you will crave it and binge, or you will get so frustrated that you "Can't" have something you want, that you'll just give up :( and none of us wants you to give up! How many calories is one treat? .... then balance it out by walking or doing some form of activity that will USE those excess calories! That's what I do - it's all a balancing act, and you have this lovely tool in MFP to help you do the balancing :)

Good luck! You can do it.... or don't do it... whether your glass half empty or half full is up to you :)
    M
  • JaseyMakesHerMove
    Options
    Don't give in yet! It would be a shame to give all your work up for a food you know isn't good for you. It's so hard to avoid trigger foods sometimes for me. But, it'll be worth it in the end. Can you find an alternative? Or just get one?
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your pain. I work near UT in Austin...there is a Tiff's Treats just two blocks away. mmmmmmm......

I agree with others -- moderation. I KNOW you can get one cookie and no ice cream....maybe once a week, as a treat for being good, splurge on one cookie? Or find a way that one time a week to fit it into your calories (do an extra 20 minutes at the gym, or take a walk at lunch, or have a salad instead of something else....I don't know -- what ever would work for you...)
  • hillseale
    hillseale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good advice everybody! Thx for the support. Going to Zumba tonight, so I should be able to burn the carloies of a couple cookies. Yea for the MFP community!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    have ONE cookie DON'T DEPRIVE YOURSELF! because you WILL end up binging. if your having an intense craving for multiple days, unless you have some freakish will power, you're going to end up binging. enjoy ONE cookie. especially if your under cals and can fit it in. i have a little treat like everyday.