Sweets

Options
louisegalan
louisegalan Posts: 4 Member
In each meal, i find myself craving for sweets.. Do you know any substitution which will be healthy for my diet?

Replies

• Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fruit, yogurt, smoothies... There are also lots of fudge bars or slushie type things that come under 100 calories. Frozen grapes, small slices of frozen banana. If you slice a banana really thin, spread out the pieces, and freeze it, you can eat half a banana (50 calories!) as a satisfying desert. Sometimes keep a bag of dark chocolate with almonds and eat two or three pieces if I need something sweet. Lots of options. I have a sweet tooth too so I understand the struggle.
  • louisegalan
    louisegalan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help.. That seems my problem since i always look for dessert and i tend to find myself unsatisfied with fruits. So better try your advice. Appreciate it
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Ice Cream. Sooooo good and only 240 calories...for the whole pint and 24 grams of protein!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    ladyj22 wrote: »
    Halo Top Ice Cream. Sooooo good and only 240 calories...for the whole pint and 24 grams of protein!
    I keep seeing people talk about this on the forums... where do you get it??
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I almost always go for a yoghurt for dessert - I go for the thick, high protein options like Skyr, Liberte and Danone Danio. All less than 150 cal.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Kroger. Wal-Mart here doesn't sell it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    ladyj22 wrote: »
    I get mine at Kroger. Wal-Mart here doesn't sell it.

Well I went to their site and I looked up where to find it- was at Giant in the organic section and I got all excited until I read the ingredients and saw that it has Stevia in it. :/
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas you can slice 3 up & lay them flat on a baking sheet & freeze them. When they are frozen (about 2 hours) place them in a food processor, they will become super creamy like ice cream. You can eat it then or put it in a air tight container and save it for later.

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Live a little.
    One square of Lindt sea salt is only about 50 calories.
    Allow to sit in your mouth and melt. Better than 10 candy bars.
    Having a little sweet signals my body that eating is over and done (really works).

Right now I'm having about 4 mini whoppers. Count them, log them, lose weight.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com helps me. She uses healthier options substituting stevia for sugar or sneaks fruit in there or uses a healthier flour. I personally eat everything I want in with my calorie deficit and it works for me.
  • missrebekahleigh
    missrebekahleigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Flap jack mighty muffins are good. 20 gramps of protein and taste and texture are spot on. Frozen blueberries are my go to. I always keep some in my freezer.
  • Annageorge25
    Annageorge25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Alternative artificial sweeteners are a safe substitute for diabetes patients. My mom uses it.
  • kimmie2128
    kimmie2128 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've frozen a few bananas before too and added some peanut butter and blended it up. It's like ice cream. Lately I've been getting some non-fat Greek yogurt and adding chocolate protein powder to it and freezing it for maybe 30-45 minutes so it has more texture to it.
    I also just added a Honeydew Sherbet recipe on my page. It's just honeydew, lemon juice, and agave nectar.