Olive Garden Salad

I absolutely MUST have olive garden salad!! The craving is so strong I just gotta do it! I saw on here one plate of the salad with the reduced fat dressing is 157 cals. Problem: I can eat like 5 plates! Anyone know what the nutritional info really is? I'm finding all kinds of different answers on line.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Gosh I think it would vary greatly depending on how much dressing they put on it that day. I've gotten salads there that seemed dry and others that were drowning. LOL If you google, there are several sites where people make their own copycat versions of the salad dressing, you could make it yourself at home cheaper and you would be able to work out the exact nutritional information and control the portion. :-)
  • I would get the dressing on the side so you can put it on yourself. If the rammiken that it comes in looks full that is 2 servings of the dressing and if it looks about half full then it is one serving. Watch out for the croutons too. Depending on who makes it there could be several servings of it on the salad. I work there, so that's my insider advice. :happy:

ETA: If you ask the hostess, they should be able to give you a form that has all of the most current nutritional info to find out exactly how many calories it is.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Look on their webiste, they have nutritional info. I think a "plate" in like 350 calories, but it has sooo much sodium in it.
  • garyesch13
    garyesch13 Posts: 2 Member
    What is a serving of salad?
    One serving is about 5 ounces. The amount of salad served depends on the number of guests in your party. For a party of 1 to 2 guests, about 10 ounces would be served (so ½ of the bowl would be one serving).
  • garyesch13
    garyesch13 Posts: 2 Member
    Direct from their site.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    They sell their dressing in stores like wegmans. Make it yourself then you can control the calories :smile:
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    They have a light version of their dressing available in stores! Its 35 cals for 2 tablespoons...and fabulous!