Headphones vs. Earphones

bigizzy
bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

Need a little help.

When running my earphones keep falling out and it's very annoying, kills my rhythm.

I use the new iPhone ones, curvy.

What earphones do you use ?

Thanks.

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    I use JayBird Freedom earbuds for running. I've never had them fall out - they have a curved piece that fits to your ear to help hold them in place, and give you a variety of sizes to fit different sized/shaped ears:

15owc4j.jpg
  • kunal1988lolage
    kunal1988lolage Posts: 1 Member
    I use headfones with slight gap around ears to avoid vaccume. As far as I have seen our ears will act like cooling fins for body and use of earfones with vaccume buds may have some adverse effect.

I feel more comfortable with headfones but its upto you where u find comfortness

This view is based on my personal experience not based on any scientific study
  • s0987
    s0987 Posts: 22 Member
    Jabra sport wireless Bluetooth headphones, wrap over your ears and connect to each other with a rubber soft cord. Sweat proof and pretty comfortable.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I like the ear buds with the bands that wrap around your ears for when I run.

Also, make sure you are using the right size silicone buds...sometimes the smallest size that comes with the headphones is still too big for me and that causes them to constantly fall out.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    I use the Koss Fitclips. While the sound quality isn't quite as good as the apple earbuds, I've never had them fall out while working out and they're very comfortable! I've also had the same pair for several years with no trouble, they're great quality :smiley:
  • lzap27
    lzap27 Posts: 31 Member
    I use Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbud Headphones I bought on Amazon. They cost about $7 and are so super comfortable in your ear! And for inexpensive headphones they last and sound quality is good. I personally hate the design of the ones that come with the iPhones. They never stay in my ears LOL
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I use headphones.... lightweight, over the top of my head. Earbuds fall out and they make my ears feel weird after. The headphones I have are a sport version, so no sweat drips inside. These are actually the ones I have, although they are discontinued there are others that are similar for sale "out there"feicmlolwmrp.jpg
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Try some different tips. I am not very familiar with Apple stuff, but I assume they have tips that can be replaced??? I use Comply Foam tips for my BlueBud X and will never go back to the OEM tips.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/whoomp-foam-tips/
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    My ears are weird [the canal is more vertical than horizontal] so I'm forced to wear headphones. I just use a generic pair of headphones.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    I use Bluedio N2's cause I have a bad habit of breaking/losing/submerging all my earbuds and they were cheap enough not to worry about that. I've never had a problem with earbuds falling out, though. The problem is more that the sound isolation is TOO good, so I end up using one bud and hooking the other under my bra strap so I can hear road noise.

416t2B8TbtL.jpg
  • EdB9992015
    EdB9992015 Posts: 18 Member
    Really personal preference and I tried a few before find the sennheiser pmx70 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PMX70-Sportline-Neckband-Headphones/dp/B000FJD5IA
    With the band design they don’t fall off, and as the buds aren’t pressed right into the ear canal you can still hear a little traffic noise which I like as I have to cross a number of roads when I run.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    edited July 2016
    I use the earbuds with the little hooks that go over your ear and they're the ones that stay in the best for me. Regular earbuds not only fall out, but they make the insides of my ears itch, while I don't have problems with these.

budfits.jpg

Regular headphones push on my earrings (I have a ton), which hurts, so I don't use them except for gaming where I have large ones that fit over my entire ear.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I use the ear buds that came with my I-phone 6. Sounds good, stays in. I like them.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Yurbuds are the nicest I've used. It's hard to pull them out.

Sony with ear clips are not bad, and much cheaper. But last less than half as long.