Care to critique my food diary?

Options
Hey guys started not too long ago. I have a good amount of weight to lose but I want to do it nice and slow. No food is off limits but I do want to eat healthy. I started and could eat way less than my allotted calories but I am getting hungrier especially at night. Any advice on how to better manage my ravenous appetite at dinner

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your diary appears to be locked. If you want people to be able to see it you'll need to go to Settings > Diary Settings and set it to Public.
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your diary appears to be locked. If you want people to be able to see it you'll need to go to Settings > Diary Settings and set it to Public.

Sorry about that just assumed it was open since I never locked it. I just made it public. Thank you for showing me how.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Sorry about that just assumed it was open since I never locked it. I just made it public. Thank you for showing me how.

Nope, still locked
  • superpowers2016
    Options

Nope, still locked

It shows as public on my end...not sure what the issue is
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's open now, and I don't see any problems with the food you are eating. You appear to be a bit low-ish on protein (like me) but not low enough to worry about it although some days are somewhat low. You also appear to be logging a lot of tablespoons and pieces instead of actual weight. It may or may not affect your weight loss. Now if you become unhappy with your rate of weight loss, that's one thing to keep in mind for troubleshooting. If you are losing fine, I wouldn't worry about it for now (unless you want to be thorough).

Now all of this doesn't matter. What matter is: are you happy on your diet or do you feel hungry more often than you should? Do you think you could tone down the snacks a bit to have more for dinner if you don't feel satisfied with dinner? Some people feel more satisfied with more protein, so consider increasing that as well.

In my personal opinion, your diet looks fine to me.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I looked through the past few days of your entries and it looks like you're making good choices.

I can see three possible reasons you might be super hungry by dinner. The first may just be if this was a significant lifestyle change for you. If you, before dieting, ate a big lunch or breakfast and are now cutting back, your body may not be adjusted. If you were the type to skip breakfast and now eat it (taking calories away from the other meals) you body could still be adjusting.

It looks like you also don't get too much protein before dinnertime. This could make you feel a bit hungrier. You also don't eat a high volume of food. You have a good number of protein bars and high calorie, nut based items. While these can be good to help you hit fat and protein goals, you may want to sometime swap them out for a few cups of veggies. Those will literally fill you up without increasing your calories by too much
  • superpowers2016
    Options
    Thanks guys...it is a work in progress I appreciate the insights. I will look into boosting my protein especially since I want to start strength training and increase the veggies for healthier snacks.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    also want to point out it seems like you are using grams which means you are weighing things. That is great!
  • superpowers2016
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    also want to point out it seems like you are using grams which means you are weighing things. That is great!

Thank you my scale is da bomb and switches from grams to ounces and makes it easier on me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Your food diary today looks ok to me, too. You have a variety of vegetables of many colors, no potatoes, and some meat with a protein supplement. All that in 1405 calories is a job well done.
  • superpowers2016
    Options
    Your food diary today looks ok to me, too. You have a variety of vegetables of many colors, no potatoes, and some meat with a protein supplement. All that in 1405 calories is a job well done.

I gotta say I made an extra effort today as I am off...still low on protein and high in fat but I'm fine with it I feel satisfied.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

is there a reason your pointing out no potatoes lol? I had potatoes, rice, and pasta today all while in a deficit.