Differences (thin, toned, and skinny)

What is the difference when someone tells you your body looks "thinner and toned" compared to just looking "skinny".

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Thinner and toned, IMO, is when you can see some muscle definition. Skinny is small, but squishy.
  • michellevaldez733
    michellevaldez733 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Would you say thinner and toned is better? I've had so many people say I look a lot thinner and toned. However, I had ton of people tell I was skinny 6 months prior. Just confused and wanted some feed back.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Personal preference. I like women with a good amount of muscle definintion and am working towards getting there myself. I like men who are strong, but honestly, i like a decent layer of fat over the muscle. I dont like the 'ripped' look on men.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    It's just the way that person talks and says things.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I hate the word toned, but I would prefer that someone thought I was that-yes. I'm really proud of my muscle definition.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Ha! I am so glad you posted @arditarose as I was admiring your avatar in another thread and thinking as I read this we would make a good comparison.

@michellevaldez733 if you compare the avatars of arditarose and me, Arditarose is 'thinner and toned' (sorry) I am 'skinny'. She has visible muscle definition, I don't - I try really hard though.

Cheers, h.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Dang, that was a great post, @tomteboda !