Ladies: I need your help!

Options
I need a new bathing suit. I like tankinis. I am bigger than I'd like to be up top, and would like something that I can be comfortable in without feeling too exposed. Any suggestions or ideas of where to look?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love Macy's for bathing suits.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just bought 2 tankinis from Land's End - the Aqua Terra collection. LOVE them! (they are on sale right now too)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have them, but try outlet clothing places, like Ross and Bealls Outlet. I've found some cute suits at K-Mart as well. Torrid has some adorable ones as well.
  • crazyears
    crazyears Posts: 50
    Options
    I agree. Lands End is the place to go. I have a tankini from there (last year) and it is cute and supportive!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I got three great swimsuits from Lane Bryant. One you can see right away as it is my profile picture on here. Their 2 piece tankinis are very cute and with vibrant colors. The tops keep the girls very well supported - not once did the girls make an unscheduled appearance while I exercised and frolicked in the ocean for 7 straight day. And because their sold as separates, you can get the sizes you really need. One thing I will say though....even though the tops are sold by bra size, the size I ended up buying was one cup smaller.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I bought two really cute ones from Bass Pro Shops. Not terribly expensive ($80 total for two tops and two bottoms) and they are cute and very flattering! :smile:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like the tankinis from Victoria's Secret......some come in Longer Torso (I don't have a long torso but I got that anyways for the extra length so my belly stays under wraps) and they have underwire in the top which I def need (DD.)
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am large on top & got the most supportive suit - tankini - from Sears. The brand is called Suit Yourself! & has separates designed to meet your various bodily needs. The one I got had a tag on it that said "For D Cup and Up - When your cups runneth over" - which I found hilarious. There is a website - www.suityou.net - if you have trouble finding them. Absolutely the most supportive suit I have ever owned, & it's cute too!
  • jslinn100
    jslinn100 Posts: 2
    Options
    Get a Halter Style top. They are more supportive.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I like J Crew's suits. I also love the fact that you can buy your tops and bottoms separately incase you're bigger on top than the bottom or vice versa. They have a big selection on their website.
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    TJ MAXX!!! Bought 2 suits & cover ups Saturday!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Triathalon bathing suite from a sports store (REI). It is meant to run, jump, swim, and play in. It covers you up (without being rediculous) and is supportive.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I got a cute one from Victoria Secret and they go by bust size which helps out a lot.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    got mine at jcpenny and could mix and match sizes and colors so that helped me there
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • hillseale
    hillseale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LAne Bryant is the BEST for swimsuit for the busty. I'm a 44DDD and my takini top from LB looks freakin awesome on me. I got my swim short bottoms from fashion bug. It was cheaper and I don't need as much support in my booty.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Riley you're a riot:):)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Land's End has terrific swim suits....and most are going on sale now....they will be bringing out the heavy winter clothes soon...Can you believe it??
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bought two really cute ones from Bass Pro Shops. Not terribly expensive ($80 total for two tops and two bottoms) and they are cute and very flattering! :smile:

Never would have thought to look there. That is a good price too!