Any ladies currently pregnant and ready to get back on the wagon ASAP?

Options
bluebull123
bluebull123 Posts: 27 Member
I have had a hard time dealing with the change of my body and the weight gain (19 lbs @ 8 months). I am so ready to get back to hitting it hard in the gym and not fight the fatigue and cravings. Anyone out there recently give birth or just about to that share these feelings.

Replies

• RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I gave birth 4 months ago and was pretty eager to start losing the baby weight. But I gained close to 50 lbs. I have done really well so far by eating clean and having a 500 calorie deficit each day. I also started working out after I got the ok from my doctor. The important thing is just to ease back into it slowly and not try to do it all at once. Also sleep with a newborn is so important both for your physical and mental health so try to keep that a priority even if it means you can't work out as much.
  • smkrmr478
    smkrmr478 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby 5 weeks ago. I gained 22 lbs total and it goes away so fast like I lost 25 lbs in the first week baby was out because of just not being pregnant. He was 7lbs10oz but you got fluids, placenta, etc but my body is different for sure got the empty baby pouch lol. I'm trying to lose weight and tone up now
  • skinnyjeansandstretchmarks
    Options
    Me! Due in September and cannot wait to get back at it! I lost all my baby weight and more in the first 4-5 months last time, plan to again
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    how did you manage to only gain 19 pounds? i'm still in my first trimester and i hope i can do that! (i'm somewhat overweight so i should only gain about 20 pounds or so, otherwise that would be too little).

anyway, this is my third pregnancy, and i just want to reiterate what other people said above- DON'T be too strict with yourself! you will be physically and emotionally drained (even though it's for an amazingly happy reason, those are the facts). in the past i tried to "get back into thing" at like 4 weeks postpartum, and i failed. then again at like 7 weeks postpartum, and i failed again. it was just too early! if you had a friend who had major surgery and then told you a few weeks later that she wanted to start strictly dieting and hitting the gym, you would try to dissuade her, right? so treat yourself the same way.

in the end, the right time for my body to try to "start again" was at about 3.5-4 months postpartum, when we had a routine going and i started to feel more like myself again. in my opinion, expecting too much of myself made the recovery time even more stressful.

i hope you have an easy birth and a smooth transition into parenthood! good luck with everything!
  • bluebull123
    bluebull123 Posts: 27 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think it's the desire to walk without pain in my stomach and sit on the couch without the constant pounding heart and elevated heart rate that I miss so much. I have currently now gained 23 lbs...I have no clue how cause I am pretty much sedentary with a desk job and a 2 hr commute.

Oh and fitting into a normal public bathroom stall....like I don't want to straddle the toilet just to close the door and turn around. Haha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!