Using the diary

Options
Basically i work in the evenings and finish around 10/11pm. After work, i like to go out for a quick half an hour run and then come back home, have a shower, eat dinner and sleep.
However, by the time i eat its around 12:30/1 am. I know its technically the next day, but on which day should i log the food in? Today (before 12am) or the next day, if u get what i mean lol
Atm, i log it in as todays (12am) because it is my dinner and plus, its never really a new day till we have waken up in the morning after a good night sleep haha lol.

I know this post is really confusing. Any help will do. Thanks.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Do it whatever way works for you. The diary is for your use and there are no specific rules.

There are multiple ways you can go with this.

You can reset your local time in the settings so that your account's midnight falls closer to the time you go to bed.

You can keep going back to the previous day like you are doing.

You can just go ahead and log on the day you eat and look at your overall calories spread over the dates rather than your awake times.

I have 6 meals set with names for 4 hour blocks of time, such as 4 AM to 8 AM, so that I just log whenever I eat and aim for about 1/4th of my calories in each of the 4 hour blocks that I'm awake.

Some people just log everything in one meal slot each day and look at each 24 hour block that way.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't really matter, you should use the diary however makes the most sense to you. If it was me, I would just consider a "day" to be from whenever I wake up to whenever I go to bed.

Some people actually view their calorie goal on a weekly basis - they have some days they eat light so they can save calories for one or two days. So to pick a round number, if their calorie goal is 2000 per day, they just make sure they eat 14,000 cals per week.

Hope that makes sense!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try looking at your weekly net average instead of daily so that it's less confusing? I probably wouldn't log it as the next day since it's your dinner for that day. Your body doesn't reset the second it hits 12am so it doesn't matter towards your weight loss when you log it though :smile:
  • Minhaj844
    Minhaj844 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah thats what i was thinking guys! Thanks for your help