Any females 5'9" who went from XL to S/XS?

Options
AnneU93
AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
When I was 17 years old I was the same height as now, but I was an american size xs, and I am now wondering if it is even possible to get back to that size now that I am 23 and a mother of 1.

Replies

• abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 ish and when I am closer to my goal weight (165) I mostly mediums. It's different in every brand, type of shirt, etc. Sometimes I could get into a small but mostly it was mediums and in some cases still a large. I wouldn't compare what size you wore as a teenager - Probably a discouraging goal. Just my opinion.
  • CaSsCuTeRz
    CaSsCuTeRz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the sizes depend on brand and on the frame size of the person. For example Im 5'8 and i weight 154 and I'm a Large. I rarely fit into mediums because they don.t fit my shoulders and the shirts are too short. When I was 200Lbs I was an XXL sometimes a 1X (My back was ALOT bigger went from size 38 to a 42 in bra back size). But when I was 20 and I weighed 138lbs, I was also a large but had an easier time fitting into a medium...so I guess it depends on the body shape. Also i think the older we get our bodies change a little bit especially in our 20's we fill in a little more.
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I am 5'9.5" and started at 220 wearing an XL/2XL. I now weight 160 and I wear mostly mediums. I am 50 years old. It would be possible for me to lose more weight but I think I would feel deprived. I already work out 2 hours a day 5 days a week. So I would say it's possible but really depends on how much you want it.
  • crcollins02
    crcollins02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and 2 years ago I was xl hitting size 16 in pants. I refused to buy more than 1 pair of 16 pants because that was my breaking point to lose weight. I started with mfp monitoring calories and eventually running. I am now a size 2 and wearing s/xs. I've never felt better and had more self confidence.
  • absentmindedhousewife
    absentmindedhousewife Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    In high school I was 5'10" and 105-110 lbs. This was my natural weight. I ate like a horse. Was generally active. I have a smaller frame. My wedding ring size is 4-1/2.

Now I'm 41. I've had three kids. I weigh 140. I'll hit maintenance at 135. I do not want to be an XS. I didn't look good at the large weight that made me start using MFP and I didn't look particularly good at the weight I was in high school as much as I tried to gain it. I look good now, size 8, a little belly, some meat on.
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    it is not that a size s/xs is my only goal. I was just wondering if it was even possible anymore. Right now I am stil breastfeeding (6 months old) and even though I am eating at quite a deficit and exercising everyday, my body just wont let go of anything. It doesn't affect my milkproduction at all, nothing does, its like breastfeeding was what I was bred for, so I'm not worried about that, but I am worried about my body not wanting to let go of anything :-/
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible. I did it after my first child and my daughter has 3 kids and went right back to her lowest weight.
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, 5'8" currently 132 lbs and a size small, occasionally an XS depending on the fit. At my heaviest at 212 lbs, I was an XL.
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm a small & a xs . In pants I'm size 3
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, 5'8, 140lbs as of today (YAYYY). EASILY small on bottom...s/m on top due to my arms and (now) shoulders.. My arms are my last trouble area (11.25 inches) I was a size 12 last year around this time, 193 lbs... We have four children with the youngest having just turned two; I'm still nursing too! It's DEF possible depending on your structure now.. I don't have much hips or bum any more so yeah there IS that for why I can wear a small. Lol Almost time for me to rebuild!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    AnneU93 wrote: »
    it is not that a size s/xs is my only goal. I was just wondering if it was even possible anymore. Right now I am stil breastfeeding (6 months old) and even though I am eating at quite a deficit and exercising everyday, my body just wont let go of anything. It doesn't affect my milkproduction at all, nothing does, its like breastfeeding was what I was bred for, so I'm not worried about that, but I am worried about my body not wanting to let go of anything :-/

I held onto pregnancy weight until I stopped breastfeeding. Then it just melted off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!