Loosing weight for the military

Options
Hi guys! I'm new to the myfitness pal app! I just need some advice and help for me to loose weight to get into the Navy. I'm 5'5 and 220lbs but I need to loose around 80-90lbs help!

Replies

• scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's a lot to lose. You're likely to tale at least a year, more like two.

Set milestones on the plan.
    Its 95% diet.
    Exercise doing things you enjoy.
    It's no one else's fault or success but yours.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've done this myself...and my best advice to you is - eat clean as much as you can, and train hard because in order to keep up in the military physically, you will need to be able to run, lift, drag, squat, carry, etc. Eat good fuel, but don't cut calories too much because you will need that fuel to train! Good luck - you can do it!
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First of all I admire your goal to serve our country!!! You absolutely CAN do anything you set your mind to!!! Do not listen to anyone who tells you different! If you'd like a support buddy feel free to add me! My family comes from a long line of military including all branches.
  • lljb1984
    lljb1984 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm in the military (different country) and after a few years of secondment to non military areas my weight has climbed up. I need to drop back down to get back into uniform :( Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support
  • ckm013
    ckm013 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just enlisted in the navy two months ago
  • kennakinz11
    kennakinz11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your time and responding and keeping me motivated. All of your advice is being taken into consideration and it is greatly appreciated. I'm so excited to see the changes and get fit enough to get in! I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your time and responding and keeping me motivated. All of your advice is being taken into consideration and it is greatly appreciated. I'm so excited to see the changes and get fit enough to get in! I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Thanks for your willingness to serve. Lots of good suggestions above.

You may want to talk to a local Navy recruiter. He/she can help you with the physical requirements and perhaps hook you up with others in your area with similar goals. You're not the first person that wants to serve but needs to take care of a weight issue first

Best of luck.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wrote: »

... are you seriously ragging on her because she wrote "loose" instead of "lose" despite the rest of her spelling being otherwise fine?