Couch to 5K

Options
Thinking of doing the Couch to 5k.
Has anyone done this?

Replies

• plums
    plums Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and really enjoying it. Couldn't say that I've found it easy but I've managed every run. I'd say try it. I got the android app and it's great.
  • richiedbond
    Options
    Do it. I have done it and am now working for a 10K. My wife is about to start wek 6 and she is "loving" it.
  • jluthersw
    jluthersw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started this week. It's very interesting but really fun. Do it!!:smile:
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! I think I am definitely going to try it :happy: Hopefully I can stick with it!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My best friend did it last year AND completed a 5k. I start tomorrow...kinda. I live in the mountains but am moving back to flatlands nxt month, so I will do it walking/running in place at home til I'm moved back to suburbia...then start it over!!! Good luck!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second week of week 7 and I have to say - as someone that has exercise induced asthma - it's empowering and amazing.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, is there an iPhone app for this???

Yes. Also one on droid and windows 7
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Do it! If you have a hard time with any given week, just repeat it! I'm on week 6 and had to repeat weeks 2 and 4. Definitely an awesome program!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I got as far as the end of Week 3. I really enjoy it but it just seems to hot for me to run right now. But I may start up again if I could just get up earlier in the morning. I say do it! Also, Robert Ullrey has a podcast that goes with the program. He tells you when to walk, when to run. It is set to Techno music. But there are plenty of podcasts out there for this program, just find one that's right for you. I also have CardioTrainer for my Android which logs your speed, distance and time via GPS.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3. There are some groups on here too. There are pod casts too.
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I say do it!! I just started week 6. I never thought I would like running but I do. You will love it!!
  • jluthersw
    jluthersw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is an app for Blackberry for this??
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I tried it but just couldn't keep up with the program. I am doing my own right now and reading the book "Run Your Butt Off". Gives lots of good tips and a running journal to keep track of your progress. I try to walk/run 3 times a week, adding another minute of running...I am ready to do 6 minutes worth of running tomorrow....
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I've done it and it worked really well. My advice...repeat weeks that you need to. Do it at your own pace. There's a week were it jumps from like 8 minutes of running to 20 minutes. I had to do that week a couple of times. Since finishing the app back in May I've run three 5k races and have another coming at the end of the month.
  • awtakontrl
    awtakontrl Posts: 31
    Options
    TRY IT! i'm on week 5 and am enjoying it! i never, in a million years, thought i'd enjoy running as much as i do! it has gotten easier and easier as the weeks go by! i do it on the treadmill and outside also for a change of pace. try it! good luck!!

-i have the iphone app with the integrated gps (that u pay for in addition). works great!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was doing it and pushing my daughter in her jogging stoller as well but we had some horrible weather for a little while so I wasn't able to continue but starting tonight, I begin again. It's alot of fun, I found my biggest challenge was getting my breathing down pat. The first few times just about killed me, but you'll be surprised how soon you get better. And you can always repeat a week, and don't feel bad if you have to. Have fun!
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    I started it, but had to stop due to a knee problem. As soon as the problem is taken care of I will be starting it again! I enjoyed it a lot. My husband is still doing it, and is looking better every week.

Go for it!! You'll love how you feel!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it next Monday :) I don't really have the time this week. It doesn't seem too hard really
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    find a podcast. you'll love it more then.

google c25k podcasts. lots of different music genres to choose from.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend it! I completed it in March and have been running regularly ever since!

Do get a good pair of running shoes, though! I got fitted at a running store and then bought them online for a lot cheaper.