A week in to the program .

Options
Doesn't anyone think that the first week or ten days are the hardest ? And once you past that it becomes your normal way of life ?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that it will take longer than the first week or ten days before it becomes a normal way of life. Regardless of how long it takes as long as you are committed you can make it your normal way of life.

Remember though, it won't always be a success only journey and you will likely have to ride out some tough times, but commitment and dedication will see you through!

The first week can be hard, but if you tackle changes one at a time rather than all at once, it won't be too much of a burden.

• z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I guess it entirely depends on what you are doing to lose weight. If it is a massive change from your "usual" way of living, I imagine it can be hard.

I have been telling myself that if I could easily gain weight, I would be able to just as easily lose weight.
    The only real change in my life is the exercise part. I still eat the same food, just in smaller potions, and dont have any forbidden food.

So my first 14 days has been easy and it has given me more energy, and I have been losing weight at a rate I was hoping for.
  • TheHungryHorsie
    TheHungryHorsie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    3 weeks
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hm no edit button. I meant portions not potions :)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It takes several weeks to retrain your brain into a new habit so if you've made significant changes to your routine or diet it will be a while before it feels like normal life. It also takes a while for your stomach to get used to the smaller portions sizes and stop yelling at you when you don't eat and entire horse in one go.

But after a while, I have started to get antsy when I don't exercise for a few days, and I find it easy to not drink fizzy, and my default snacking choices are fruit or nuts not sticky chocolate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not really. I don't know what program you're on, but I've never thought using MFP has been hard. It become a habit at once, but eating well and not worrying about my weight and arbitrary eating rules doesn't feel "normal", just pleasant, and I've been in maintenance for almost two years.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    If the program is MFP then yes it does get easier. You will get used to logging and weighing food and your body will get used to eating at a calorie deficit and you will start to loose weight.

Patience is your friend, give this 3 weeks for changes to start showing results.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I think the initial adjustment to any lifestyle change is hard... yes, but I think that maintaining lifetime maintenance once you learn it is hardest!
  • greta7611
    greta7611 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm doing what I am supposed to do and it doesn't seem so bad, at all. It makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I am getting plenty of food. I am selective and have a handle of portion control, which can be a problem for me, and am logging everything. Really am trying not to obsess on my weight and just let it happen. Not the easiest.