Weight gain Inflammation?

Options
NatashaCrnjacBoyce
NatashaCrnjacBoyce Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
2 days ago I had a pretty intense all over body work out, my whole body is sore still today. I actively work out and eat well on the daily, however I am new to spin and total body workouts such as kinesis and ect... My question is I weighted myself the day after my work out and I see that the scale jumped a crazy 4lbs up? Is this normal I know muscles need water to repair but 4 lbs of it? I drink plenty enough water and keep a low sodium intake... Can someone help me in this department, I'd really like to lean out and gain muscle and the leaning part just doesn't seem to be happening?

Sincerely,

Lost

I will also add that I've only been following this strict lifestyle now for a little over a week so it may not be enough time? I have a lot of prior muscle memory from playing Sports when younger but can not believe its all Muscle coming back.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    4 lbs sounds right. Nothing to worry about :)
  • NatashaCrnjacBoyce
    NatashaCrnjacBoyce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    4 lbs sounds right. Nothing to worry about :)

Thank you!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's been only 2 days. Relax. Be patient.
  • samilicious01
    samilicious01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Normally I gain 2 - 4 lbs after an intense weights session, as I know its water weight I think nothing off it. To ensure I have a sensible scale reading I also do a weekly average, which irons out any craziness (as and when it happens). One week is nothing in the grand scale of things. Think 3 - 6 months (if your still hard at it) then your body will react as you'd expect and things will have settled down.