getting started when in a slump so long

Options
I could really use some tips on how to get started and stay motivated.I am usually ok the first few days,then I become really impatient after a while if I don't see any major changes.It's also hard for me as a single mom of 3,often times my time does not seem to be my own.I am always last on the list. I am determined to get it right this time for myself and for my kids.

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    YOU MUST BE PATIENT. Just keep telling yourself you will not see results immediately, that you need to stick with it, and you will eventually see changes. Just stick with it. As dory said, Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....

You can always get your kids involved, if you need exercise, take them to the park, play ball with them, walk with them, even if you have to push one in a stroller, you should definitely get out and get moving. Even if you have them with you, it shows them that being healthy and active is fun, and you're a good roll model for doing it.
  • mzabelny
    mzabelny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you, I'm in the same boat, single mom of 3 kids, work full time. It's hard as hell, I can't seem to lose anything. Sorry, I'm no help. lol