Any Chronic Pain Sufferers Out There?

Hi All - looking for people who suffer from chronic pain, unfortunately. I suffer from migraines. I wake up everyday with one and suffer all day with it. It makes exercising nearly impossible, and the exercises I can do are NOTHING like what "normal" folks can do. I remember what it was like to live normally, but now I have a new, unique set of challenges to face.

Anyone else out there suffer from chronic pain and could use a buddy who "gets it"? Feel free to add me :smile: Anyone can add me for that matter, I'm just looking for other folks who may understand my situation a bit better!

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 727 Member
    Sadly me - CRPS, Lupus with vasculitis and chronic Migraines as part of that.

It's a tough road eh?

I have been living with the CRPS since 1997 and the Lupus for 3+ years - some days really are just *kitten* and getting through it moment by moment with your sanity intact at the end of the day is best possible scenario.

Sending through a FR.

I'm sorry for your pain, I hope it is of some comfort to know you are most definitely not alone as there are many on the MFP site who deal with pain on a daily basis and mostly their lives often rock in between darker times from which they emerge victorious....you can too. I know I have been inspired over and over again by the strength and tenacity of others.

<3
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I have chronic abdominal and joint pain from Crohn's disease. It isn't fun at all.
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Sadly me - CRPS, Lupus with vasculitis and chronic Migraines as part of that.

It's a tough road eh?

I have been living with the CRPS since 1997 and the Lupus for 3+ years - some days really are just *kitten* and getting through it moment by moment with your sanity intact at the end of the day is best possible scenario.

Sending through a FR.

I'm sorry for your pain, I hope it is of some comfort to know you are most definitely not alone as there are many on the MFP site who deal with pain on a daily basis and mostly their lives often rock in between darker times from which they emerge victorious....you can too. I know I have been inspired over and over again by the strength and tenacity of others.

<3

Thanks for your beautiful message here and PM. I can't imagine what you're going through too. Together we can do this!!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Asthmatic and sarcoidosis in the lungs. Add me
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Rheumatoid arthritis in my legs, knees and feet, reducing my ability to exercise to just a few leisurely steps everyday, when I'm not in my wheelchair. I did one full mile the other day and still can't walk, due to the pain it caused. Guess I have to soley rely on CICO. I'm buying a step counter next week and going to slowly increase my daily steps. It is what it is, but it CAN be done. I've lost 13.6 lbs in 7 weeks. Please feel free to add me. I'd love to be in contact. I'm so sorry for your pain! I pray that you will achieve success, despite your downfall.
  • JudithC101
    JudithC101 Posts: 1 Member
    Fibromyalgia, which means some days I am fine, some days every bit of me hurts. I also have pins and plates in one ankle which always hurts to a greater or less degree. I do walk my dogs every day but some days that is all I can manage. Fortunately they are happy with a leisurely walk.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Migraines, aneurysm survivor, fibro, missing most of one of my knees. I was also dealing with a painful tumor the size of a volleyball and a bad gallbladder for a couple of years during weight-loss.

Actually, during the process of losing weight and working on improving some of my medical issues, a lot of my daily pain has gone away. I tend to use exercise endorphins as a way of dealing with pain and no longer take any pain medication.

You really need to address your health issues and get them resolved as much as possible or find a better treatment. Having a migraine every day is just not a livable thing. I am lucky that I don't get them often anymore...and I've also discovered that hydration is a key element for me. When I am tracking water and getting enough on a daily basis, I rarely have headaches. Another thing that I have discovered is that if I drink a full-sugar Gatorade and take Excedrin Migraine *right* as a migraine starts, that tends to nip things in the bud. Super simple, but it actually works better for me than any of my prescription migraine medications.

The other thing is that you need to work as hard as you can, when you can and be absolutely honest with yourself about what that means. I started with swimming three days a week and added speed, intensity and new exercises from there.
  • arlo4god
    arlo4god Posts: 4 Member
    YES!!! I was diagnosed with Osteo sarcoma on July 3rd 2006 it is a bone cancer that typically effects the larger bones in the body. Mine was in my left femur. as a result i have had my left knee and hip bones removed and replace with titanium. my muscles have never regained strength. as a result i live in chronic pain and I find it very difficult to get exercise in.
    a year ago my oncologist recommended i have weight loss surgery. so i began the journey to weight loss and health gain!! i refuse to have a surgery for something i am determined i can do myself!!
    Just keep going on the days you can keep your head up and look towards your goals!!
    God Bless,
    Crystal
  • mky2383
    mky2383 Posts: 9 Member
    I know what chronic pain feels like too! I also have chronic migraines, every day. Along with many other things, but I'll spare you the list. Like others my day can be dandy, or in agony. I've felt alone for the longest time because no one understands how exhausting it is to be in pain. I've heard "suck it up, it can't be that bad", or having to cancel on family & the friends you have left because you can barely move cause you're in so much pain, it'd be unsafe to drive. So glad I'm not alone!