Zero calorie drinks

Options
What's everyone's opinion on zero calorie drinks? I think they're really good especially when I'm craving something. I've heard they can make acne worse, is this true also?

Replies

• beckamomto3
    beckamomto3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use them to save calories. I drink mostly stuff sweetened with stevia in it rather than aspartame. I have never heard about them affecting acne so I don't know anything about that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is the most researched food additive ever...an amino acid ...there is no reason to avoid it

Diet drinks are fine ...watch dental effects re carbonation but other than that go for it, if it pleases you
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love them, I probably overdo it a little though lol. I have 2-3 zero calorie drinks a day (zero calorie Monster, diet soda, sparkling ice..) but it's cool. It helps save me a lot of calories since it suppresses my appetite and helps with sugar cravings. I try to save as many calories as possible for the afternoon and zero calorie drinks help a lot with that. Water just doesn't do it for me
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Unless you're rubbing it on your face, it shouldn't cause acne.

Main considerations with working out and acne will be not washing enough, wiping with towels that have other oils on them, and not moisturizing after washing (depleting the skin, causing build up).
  • VeronicaBrownTX
    VeronicaBrownTX Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My new favorite.
  • VeronicaBrownTX
    VeronicaBrownTX Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I've tried flavored sparkling water before, and found I've had to add sweetener to them because they're so bland. Not much [the equivalent to one packet of Splenda for example] but some.