Plant based diet anyone?

Options
MPShanik
MPShanik Posts: 10 Member
Anyone seen results with eating a vegan diet? I did it for a month but it got hard because I wasn't seeing results, I found out why. If they say to eat whole foods can I still cook it? Haha any advice?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    B12 is a challenge and will require supplementation. If you're doing it for health reasons you're better off with a well balanced diet that doesn't cut out animal products. If you're doing it for moral reasons then make sure you pay attention to B12, iron, calcium, protein, and fat intake. Good luck with whatever path you choose.
  • befitnonny
    befitnonny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    not tried it myself..but yeah I got some friends who really lost weight by following PBD and they are all as well faced challenges in beginning but now feeling awesome
  • MPShanik
    MPShanik Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys that really helps, I just noticed that I was eating the wrong kind of carbs and was not paying attention to my body. I have started to work out sleep more eat more greens and fruits. It's been 2 days now that I have change the way I was and I'm going to see how it goes.
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and always seem to go over my carb allotment. Having lots of veggies puts you over the top. Protein is practically impossible to reach. Technically you only need 0.8g/kg. So I aim for 50 grams. Didn't want to go to vegan type protein shakes but besides tofu and tempeh (higher fat and Lower carb) getting enough protein so I don't pick and snack bc if feeling unsatisfied is tough.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lentils and beans are high in carbs and so are fruit!!
  • sissyann24
    sissyann24 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am vegan and since going full vegan over a year ago I've lost 50 pounds. my carb goal is 170 ish and I always hit it but I try to eat only complex carbs, nothing white but potatoes (2x a week or so)

But I am also vegan for ethical reasons not to loose weight, it can be very hard at first but is definitely worth it when you educate yourself in reasoning and food choices! Good luck!
  • jeebieheebies
    jeebieheebies Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    I am vegan and always seem to go over my carb allotment. Having lots of veggies puts you over the top. Protein is practically impossible to reach. Technically you only need 0.8g/kg. So I aim for 50 grams. Didn't want to go to vegan type protein shakes but besides tofu and tempeh (higher fat and Lower carb) getting enough protein so I don't pick and snack bc if feeling unsatisfied is tough.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lentils and beans are high in carbs and so are fruit!!

Seitan! It's dirt-cheap, delicious, and like 80% protein. :D
  • haideeisip
    haideeisip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi and nice to see vegans here! I am vegan curious now and occasionally eat dairy and fish. Looking to lose about 10-15 lbs. thanks everyone. PS...I mostly eat rice, black beans and veggies.