Committed for the long run and wanting to support/be supported

Options
Veggie. Love long walks, enjoy the gym but it sometimes takes me a bit to get there. Have lost about 16 lbs on here since March/April time BUT have been getting too comfortable and now maintaining rather than losing. Looking to lose another 60ish. I'm totally committed but really want to support other people and be supported. My weakness is having a heavy day or weekend with other people, but generally fine on my own and don't feel like I'm depriving. Add me !!

Replies

• smm4906
    smm4906 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi - Great job losing 16 so far! I'm in for the long haul, too - I'm down around 15lbs since mid-May, but it's slowed a bit and I also would like to lose around 60 more. I hope that sharing support & feedback with others will help me keep moving.

My solution on going to the gym - I signed up with a personal trainer. I've been seeing same trainer for a few years now - it's become more of a friendship than a client relationship. But it's kind of like the hair stylist - I can tell her anything! So this weekly gym meeting is healthier (and less expensive!) than a therapist.

Good luck getting back to losing weight - the hard part is not losing motivation when the scale sticks at the same number for a couple weeks. Keep posting - maybe we can help!

Sue
  • openthegatekate
    openthegatekate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're onto a winning solution, good luck! Congratulations - it will all balance out in the long run. Kate.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi, great job so far. I understand. Finding time to workout is my main downfall. Its taken me a couple of months to a hold on my food. I work full time and have three kids. Over all I've lost 55 pounds since last year. I've been a member here roughly 130 days and have lost 15. Feel free to add me if you like. My diary is open.