CONFUSED ABOUT WEIGHT MAINTENANCE WORKOUT

Options
Hello there! I'm 20, 5'11" and have successfully lost 43 kg so far. I'm happy with my weight as I'm tall and have a large built. I'm not sure about what I should do to maintain my current weight and at the same time tone the flabby fats I have. I'm planning to do HIIT once a week and resistance training 3X. Would that be sufficient for maintenance?

Replies

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 43 kg lost so far :)

What kind of exercises did you do while losing the weight? This may be enough to continue with, depending on your goals.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    43kg lost - impressive achievement!

Two separate issues really - eat the correct number of calories to maintain your weight.
    Training to change/improve your body. Depends what your current resistance training is, it could be enough or even perfect but it could also be an ineffective workout. Following a particular program or your own?

Worth looking at the recomp thread in this forum....
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    you don't have to do exercise to maintain your weight. All you have to do is just eat the right amount of calories.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hit the stupid button and I didn't finish my thought as far as the exercise you're going to have to figure out how many calories that's burning and that's going to be a trial-and-error.
    Based on your success losing the 43 kg, almost a hundred pounds you know what you're doing.

Congrat congratulations on your success you did a fantastic job
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    rxjesrk wrote: »
    Hello there! I'm 20, 5'11" and have successfully lost 43 kg so far. I'm happy with my weight as I'm tall and have a large built. I'm not sure about what I should do to maintain my current weight and at the same time tone the flabby fats I have. I'm planning to do HIIT once a week and resistance training 3X. Would that be sufficient for maintenance?

Sounds like a good plan. What resistance program are you following?
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would eat the correct amount of calories you need to maintain your current weight, and if you see your exercise is causing you to lose more weight then just increase your calories until you see a steady weight. Remember that your weight can fluctuate from day to day so don't make drastic changes, go slowly when you make adjustments.