Handicapped guy, 9 months lifting progress.

Options

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    It's great to see another disabled person not make excuses and work out to improve their health. I have a birth defect that affects my legs, so I have to walk on crutches. I hit the gym about 3 times a week. Don't look as good as you yet, but I'm working on it.
    Birth defect here too, Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele.

That's exactly what I have too! :smiley:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's truly amazing work-congrats on your success!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Ok, so next time I feel I need a break because I'm busy, or tired, or just not feeling it, I'll remember that guy I saw in the forums who took a break because of freaking brain surgery, and hopefully that will put things into perspective. Happy the surgery went well - you are a very inspiring dude.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    44to44 wrote: »
    Amazing! Ok, so next time I feel I need a break because I'm busy, or tired, or just not feeling it, I'll remember that guy I saw in the forums who took a break because of freaking brain surgery, and hopefully that will put things into perspective. Happy the surgery went well - you are a very inspiring dude.
    The most irritating thing about that surgery was waiting for the clearance to workout again after it. The day he said I could I jumped back into it.

As it is I had to force myself to take a rest day today and it's kinda killing me.

• mom22dogs
    Options
    I noticed in your last picture you use different type of crutches than I do. Are they easier on the wrists than regular forearm crutches? I walk a lot and my hands go numb a lot.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    I noticed in your last picture you use different type of crutches than I do. Are they easier on the wrists than regular forearm crutches? I walk a lot and my hands go numb a lot.
    My normal every day crutches are forearm. Underarm crutches don't allow a lot of maneuverability.

I wouldn't recommend them at all. I only bought them because they collapse for easier storage in overhead compartments in airplanes, because I travel a lot.

• mom22dogs
    Options
    Good to know. People keep telling me to "try these" or "try that". I'll stick with what I know works.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up the good work
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love that you said you were working out by lifting things and putting them back down. :) Your arms are ripped! You look great!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bravo you!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Thank you guys. :)

Lost another pound! :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Lil update... I'm down 88 lbs and looking better and better!

jwu15b61g1t1.png
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow :open_mouth: ! Amazing transformation ! Awesome job :smiley:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!t31065.gif
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Thank you! =)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Yes! You look amazing…great work!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    right the ef on dude!
  • jackiesagoddess
    jackiesagoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey boy heyyyyy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!