Best tea for weight loss??

Options
Hello everyone!!
Any suggestions on which tea is most beneficial for weight loss? I've been drinking green tea for the past few months and pretty sick of it lol. Any ideas??

Replies

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Tea doesn't cause weight loss calories do. That being said tea has none and is better than pop. It's also a stimulant albeit a mild one and can cause you to want to move
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It inadvertently helps with weight loss by being zero calories, being in water (which is filling), and having caffeine to stave hunger. The only thing it's going to do is maybe help you not eat as much
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Some teas can help with medical conditions that could make it harder to lose weight, but as for weight loss, teas don't help much with that. As long as the tea isn't full of calories.

The only teas that could mimic weight loss are some herbal teas that contain herbs with diuretic properties [like lemongrass], but weight loss from these are just water weight, not actual fat.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas can soothe or excite your digestion which may affect water balance to the degree that there is noticeable change in the scale, however it might be just temporary unless the tea makes you so full you can have smaller meals. Go to the library and read up on herbs or go to http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed. I love green tea with ginger and lemon!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I drink a lot of black tea everyday and it does nothing for weight loss. Green tea tastes revolting (to me), and also does nothing for weight loss.

I agree with this.

It's only good for weight loss if you drink tea when you otherwise would eat. When I first started and would want to eat I'd get some tea (or more often coffee) and that satisfied me.

I like herbal teas for chilling and making into iced tea.
  • astarte104
    astarte104 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Green tea is beneficial for the whole body
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    astarte104 wrote: »
    Green tea is beneficial for the whole body

Green tea has no health benefits.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've drank tea, mainly black tea, for most of my life, even when I was heavy. It has had no effect on my weight one way or the other..it's just a nice refreshing way to stay hydrated.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    None. None at all.

All they do is make your wallet lighter.

By purchasing weight loss teas, you're essentially making payments toward the CEOs seventh Lamborghini.
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good