After you workout

Hey everyone! So I was looking on Pinterest and apparently there are many things you shouldn't do after a workout! What do you guys recommend??

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I shove food in my mouth and then usually get ready for work. Or have a nap if it's a day off. Whatever the rest of my life requires me to do.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    After a workout I usually do a cool-down, then drink a 16 oz bottle of water, since water is needed to help with the repair and growth of muscle.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    I like to have protein and around a liter water after a workout. Protein is usually chicken for me and Casein before bed.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    So I was looking on Pinterest and apparently there are many things you shouldn't do after a workout! What do you guys recommend??

I recommend not looking to Pinterest for reliable fitness information. :+1:

• mrscoach85
    mrscoach85 Posts: 2 Member
    I have read that drinking chocolate milk after a workout is very good for recovery. It has double the carbohydrates and protein over plain water, plain milk, or sport drinks. Of course you will need to limit the amount drank as to not overdo carbohydrate intake.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Hey everyone! So I was looking on Pinterest and apparently there are many things you shouldn't do after a workout! What do you guys recommend??

The suspense is killing me. What are we not supposed to do after working out?

I generally do some combo of the following:
    - shower
    - eat
    - go to work
    - go to bed
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

like what?

i usually eat... and watch TV....
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    yer like what? all you need to do is EAT and REST.