Helpless

Options
I started my weight loss journey yesterday and i found that i lost 3 pounds. Of course i am happy about it, but my husband just keeps bringing my effort down. He doesnt believe in me and i just wish someone would. Its so frustrating. Help and support please....
Why does he do this? Why cant he just be my rock? Why cant he hlp me?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    In what way is he bringing your efforts down?
  • lizziliz1985
    lizziliz1985 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well i let him know i was loggin what i eat and he was just like why are you doing that stupid stuff and he laughed saying that it really showed it was working but in a rude rude way
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Commenting on a partners' weight can be tricky. He may be scared of saying the wrong thing, or he might not want you to change. Regardless of his reasons, you need to ask yourself what are yours. Congratulations on losing three pounds. Are you doing it to be healthy, to fit better into your clothes, or both? You are a few steps closer to your goal then, that is great.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Well i let him know i was loggin what i eat and he was just like why are you doing that stupid stuff and he laughed saying that it really showed it was working but in a rude rude way

If he doesn't understand the importance of tracking one's intake, then you have two options.

1: explain that the whole thing is nothing more than a complicated physics equation, and weight loss requires keeping track of the parameters. Most overweight people have no idea how much they are actually consuming, because they don't keep track of it.

2: ignore him and do your thing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • AliRhapsody
    AliRhapsody Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is great that you are making plans to lose weight, but if i may say it is not about losing mass, it really is about being in a shape that you are happy with and fits your lifestyle.

Receiving support from your loved ones is important, but if it is getting in the way, do not let it be a problem between the two of you, certainly you are doing the right thing for your own personal development, so seek motivation somewhere else. This way you enjoy the things you have in common with him and the losing weight motivation can get fueled somewhere else !

Do not give up and stay the course ... Cheers
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Stop talking to him about this. Initially the 1st time I did this years ago, my husband was dismissive. Change is scary. If I gave up things he was afraid what that would mean for him. Now he's better but it took a while. Talk to the supportive people here & let him get more comfortable with the idea that your changes won't adversely affect him. Maybe he's afraid you will leave him.
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Talk to supportive people on here and do it for yourself.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's great that you have made the decision to lose the extra weight. It would be nice if he were on board with you, but remember that in the end, it is up to you. Both success and failure are completely your choice. You make the actual decision.

So choose success and go after it with gusto!