Motivational Quotes

Options
I love motivational quotes. Thought I would share some I have read that stuck with me.

Stronger Than Yesterday

Stronger Than Excuses (My Favorite!)

Nothing taste as good as skinny feels

These are just some that I like to repeat to myself. I would love to hear some of yours. :)

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    While at the gym... "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

:)
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

I like this.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I love this one, and it applies to just about everything! Some of my favorites are:

"If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself." ~Leon Eldred

"Adam and Eve ate the first vitamins, including the package." ~E.R. Squibb

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I never much liked this one because I feel that it encourages starvation methods. I do enjoy the others listed here, though! Thank you :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Courage. What makes a King out of a slave? Courage.

What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage.

What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?

What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage.

What makes the Sphinx the 7th Wonder? Courage.

What makes the dawn come up like THUNDER?! Courage.

What makes the Hottentot so hot?

What puts the "ape" in ape-ricot?

Whatta they got that I ain't got?

Courage.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a crap load so here goes:

Energy and persistence conquer all things. -Benjamin Franklin

For last year's words belong to last year's language; next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning

Life Begins at the end of your comfort zone.

*How does one become a butterfly?
    You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar*~

Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional" - Roger Crawford

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

I've learned that I AM in control and always HAVE been...... I just wasn't paying attention.

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

I cannot move forward if i continue to hold on to what's behind me. It's time to let go so that I will have both hands open to grab a hold of the future.

“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”

Yesterday, you said tomorrow.

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?"

Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by those doing it.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”- Vince Lombardi

Willpower is something you generate on your own, not something you are born with!

Motivation has to come from within that part of your soul that truly wants change."

"Thoughts are energy, and you can make your world or break your world by your thinking."

Failure is an event. It is never a person.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.- Thomas Jefferson

If you want tomorrow to be better, you have to do something different today.

AND my all time fave : "If someone asks you what time it is, tell 'em "now". It's the only one that matters." -- Josh Homme
  • spim
    spim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My sig is one of my favourite quotes :)
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Courage. What makes a King out of a slave? Courage.

What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage.

What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?

What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage.

What makes the Sphinx the 7th Wonder? Courage.

What makes the dawn come up like THUNDER?! Courage.

What makes the Hottentot so hot?

What puts the "ape" in ape-ricot?

Whatta they got that I ain't got?

Courage.

Goodness, that made me smile :)
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Motivational Quotes:

“If you are bored with life, if you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things-you don’t have enough goals.” – Lou Holtz (Courtesy of Betsey) -- via http://www.fat2fitradio.com/

"progress, no matter how small" -- Nammyl

YOU CAN DO IT! - stolly1

"just want to be the best me i can be. can't ask for anymore than that!☾" - pinkmoon

"Love me just as I am..." - mandapanda

"Bringin' Change..." - jeffrodgers1

"If you want to add me as a friend, send me a quick message telling me why. I mean, I would like to be friends with me, but why would you?" - Heather75
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Petey, you're excellent.
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I never much liked this one because I feel that it encourages starvation methods. I do enjoy the others listed here, though! Thank you :)

Never thought of it that way. I like to use it as motivation to not eat sweets. Ice cream, cupcakes, chocolate, etc. ;)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My Absolute favorite!!!

* "Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself — and more than anything.."
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    "That'll do pig, that'll do."
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    It is never too late to be who you might have been - George Eliot

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than this risk it took to blossom - Anais Nin
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply's. I love reading all the quotes. :)