hit a wall!

Options
Need a bit of help, I've been steadily loosing weight over the last two months and now seem to have hit a wall where I just can't loose any more weight. I've tried increasing exercise during the day and lowering calorie intake and every time I weigh myself its the same!? Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any ideas ppl?

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Do you measure and log everything you eat?
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    Took a quick look at your food diary - is every banana you've ever eaten 118g or are you not weighting them?

Similar, there are lots of 100g and 200g items - I suspect you're estimating or going on the packet size? Both are inaccurate.

Quite a few "generic" entries - use these with caution if at all.

When close to ideal or goal these small inaccuracies can make the difference between loss and maintain.

Also, how long have you been stalled for - less than two weeks - don't panic and carry on as normal. Longer - consider calories in v calories out.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    its normal to hit a stall just keep at what you were doing to loose it will go down again
  • matt_mitchinson
    matt_mitchinson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do try and measure what I eat but I find it difficult to get it 100% accurate, especially if I've made the meal from fresh not a set meal with a barcode to scan, not sure if I'm getting it right? I've been stalled for around a week with a lb+ and - here and there
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about same weight for 1 week, or even two. Three? I'd be starting to get concerned.

With respect to your logging - The more accurate your logging the more likely you are to succeed.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Do you know you can change the serving size by using the drop down?
    If you are having 57g broccoli you can change it so that it is exact.
    The most reliable source for fresh ingredients is the USDA. When looking up something type- broccoli USDA, then chose the entry in grams.

If you have lost over 10 lbs update your goal with your new weight. The lighter we get the fewer calories we need so it is good to update every 10 lbs.

As has already been said, don't worry about a week.

Cheers, h.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat less or move more.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do try and measure what I eat but I find it difficult to get it 100% accurate, especially if I've made the meal from fresh not a set meal with a barcode to scan, not sure if I'm getting it right? I've been stalled for around a week with a lb+ and - here and there

If you're preparing meals from scratch, recipe builder is your friend. :)