Lost 20lbs in 8 months - help needed for faster reduction

Options
venky2017
venky2017 Posts: 17 Member
I weight 233 lbs in December 2015 and I weight 213 lbs today
I regularly eat salad and fruits and does swimming I eat around 1700 calories and some cheat days
Any tips for faster reduce of weight

Replies

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Measure all your food and drink carefully and cut out the cheat days
  • ruscoe1982
    ruscoe1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was 219 at christmas but cut my calories down to 1200 a day and seems to be working for me try having 1500
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Are you weighing everything and logging into MFP? Salads can be pretty high calorie if you put lots of extra things in it.
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have lost 32lb in the past 3 months with no hunger and no additional exercise. I did what this guy does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6aMN6NLOTQ&list=PLkQCEsFtjG1dy7v0njH8tjTTTHOSOem-i

I'd start with his video, "Butter makes your Pants fall off" - you'll be hooked!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat salad and fruits and does swimming I eat around 1700 calories and some cheat days

That is a lot of weight to be proud of. Probably your body has adjusted to the exercise you are doing. I would add in something else. Swim one day and then walk the next and bike the next. Do what you enjoy.

Good for you. Keep going.
  • Lastyearsgirl
    Lastyearsgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Salads can be super deceptive. If you are making your own, make sure you are measuring the cheese, dressings and condiments (crotons, crackers, bacon bits, etc.) very carefully. If you are getting a premade grocery store salad, make sure to check the servings (I find most at my local supermarket have 2.5 servings). Restaurant salads are a joke for diets unless you heavily modify them, sometimes they have more calories as is than a burger.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Salads can be super deceptive. If you are making your own, make sure you are measuring the cheese, dressings and condiments (crotons, crackers, bacon bits, etc.) very carefully. If you are getting a premade grocery store salad, make sure to check the servings (I find most at my local supermarket have 2.5 servings). Restaurant salads are a joke for diets unless you heavily modify them, sometimes they have more calories as is than a burger.

This! One time I made a salad at home thinking it would be lower calories than a normal meal, but once I measured everything and added the calories it was almost 200 calories more than my normal dinner!
  • venky2017
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »

This! One time I made a salad at home thinking it would be lower calories than a normal meal, but once I measured everything and added the calories it was almost 200 calories more than my normal dinner!

200 calorie is good for dinner is what I feel
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options

So ... are you truthful with the size/weight/portion of ALL the items that go past your lips and mouth and into your tummy? That's question # 1. Number 2 is when you say around 1700, is that usually between between 1775 and 2000 with some cheat days coming in at 2500?

Not being mean here, just know that when I was in a similar boat as you are in, the reason was twofold ... I ate more than I thought I did and I didn't use as much as I thought I did.

Try tightening up on your measuring/logging for a week or two and see what happens. Someone also suggested you change up your exercise ... that's an ok idea; but you do know, don't you, that any exercise you do is not to lose weight so much as it is to stay fit? A fit body is a more efficient body. A slim body comes from eating less than your body needs for it's current size.
  • venky2017
    Options
    Thanks for the info
    I guess I might be eating that j thought
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!