1280 caloric intake

Options
Hello my name is Nikki. I have lost 31 pounds so far but I am now down to 1280 calories a day and it is difficult not being hungry so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

Replies

• MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of protein. Fills you up and generally lasts quite awhile. I eat lots of low fat cottage cheese, boiled eggs and whey protein shakes. And occasional protein bar for a treat. Lots of water really help too.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    NIKKIEJ wrote: »
    Hello my name is Nikki. I have lost 31 pounds so far but I am now down to 1280 calories a day and it is difficult not being hungry so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

Maybe eating a few more of your exercise calories would help.
    Also how fast are you losing? If your set for 2 lbs per week maybe change it to 1 lb per week.

That said this chicken entry is wrong:
    Baked Homemade - Baked Chicken Breast, 3 oz 107 cal

3 oz raw chicken breast has 102 calories, but when cooked would weigh less due to loss of water. So 3 oz cooked would have weighed more than 3 oz raw. USDA doesn't have a baked entry, but 3 oz grilled chicken breast (boneless/skinless) is 128 cal.
  • EmmaJHare78
    EmmaJHare78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fibre and protein is the key. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I eat lots of salad and veggies with grains. For example, rice or lentils or grains with lots of chopped up veggies ( celery, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, spring onions, mushrooms) gives you a lot of volume with relatively few calories. Sushi is also very filling but low calorie. I'm also avoiding bread because it's easier to keep the calorie count down. Good luck!
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and make sure you are getting enough protein.
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fibre and protein is the key. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I eat lots of salad and veggies with grains. For example, rice or lentils or grains with lots of chopped up veggies ( celery, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, spring onions, mushrooms) gives you a lot of volume with relatively few calories. Sushi is also very filling but low calorie. I'm also avoiding bread because it's easier to keep the calorie count down. Good luck!

I agree with that ! Fibre and protein ! (And a bit of fat too)
    E.g. I have porridge / oats for breakfast together with my protein supplement. It's very filling and only 400 cal ! ;)

I think there are plenty of ingredients out there that are low on calories but quite filling. You just need to investigate !
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 5x per day.
    • I have a healthy breakfast, usually a smoothie
    • I have a morning snack which I try to keep to under 100 calories. Today's snack was a piece of string cheese.
    • I eat lunch just in a small portion size
    • I have a mid afternoon snack. It will probably be carrots.
    • I have dinner.

Eat what you to some extent but just in smaller quantities. Eat mindfully & slowly to savor every bite. Put your fork down between bites if you have to.