Light Headed

Options
Is anyone else out there having issues with getting really light headed all the time. I am drinking lots of water and I try to eat when I start to feel light headed but that doesn't always help. Does anyone have any tips for me to do?

Replies

• nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor and get blood work done. There are so many things that could be happening. It could be as simple as not getting enough of a certain nutrient or vertigo. It could be something else.
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    Are you taking blood pressure medication? I get that feeling quite frequently and the dr says it is my blood pressure. Since losing 15 pounds mine has dropped low and gives me that feeling if I stand up tpp quickly. Just a thought.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i was light headed the first 1 or 2. Maybe adjust your settings to 1/2 pound per week at first then lower it. or maybe try having jolly ranchers or something with you to raise your blood sugar when you get to feeling like that.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Ditto nicothepotato.
    It's likely an iron deficiency, but don't start taking iron supplements or eating more meat until you KNOW. Taking multivitamins on a full stomach may help as well. Also, could be too many sugar substitutes. Or sleep deficiency. Or illness. etc.
  • Toothfixer123
    Options
    Since the caloric intake is probably less than what you are used to eating your blood sugar levels might be getting low. The best way to follow this is eating small meals 6 times a day.so that the levels don't drop.
  • muffin111
    muffin111 Posts: 12
    Options
    Try taking a multivitamin such as Centrum. It's probably low iron.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    you may need some "good" sugar? if I ever feel lightheaded I eat an apple and feel better within minutes....thats what a dietician told me a long time ago anyways
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Could be low blood sugar, low blood pressure, or any number of other things.
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    GET CHECKED OUT ASAP!.....dont take it too lightly.....i was having the same problem and kept brushing it off!....It worked out that my heart rate was too slow when i was feeling light headed!...........lucky for me i didn't actually pass out with it or i could have killed myself or my kids behind the wheel...it would have been just a matter of time!............I'm not telling you this to freak you out but to let you be aware that things could be more serious than just iron levels etc...:flowerforyou:
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Could be low blood sugar, low blood pressure, or any number of other things.

I agree with the above post. You shouldn't second guess what may be happening. Get thee to a doctor - seriously, see a doctor, get labs, etc. I do suffer from vertigo, so I know why I'm lightheaded at times. But, I had to go to an ENT to find that out. Don't put this off - the faster you know, the better you'll feel. Take care.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    this could be SOOO many things... talk to your doctor to be sure.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    It could be the heat?

I am no expert but if that persists... I suggest seeing a doc.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor and take care of yourself!